In for a penny, in for a pound!

-

labyerly

Reaction score
I reluctantly ended up with a '74 Dart Swinger (military kid with orders to Korea and a pregnant wife) that had all of the mechanicals done and is in really great physical shape - no rust. The snow is finally gone here so I've started the "finish" work. Interior, repaint the top white and see what I can do about the red on the bottom - that's all it needs.

Soooooo, of course, being stupid, I ended up with another Mopar project - a '46/'47 Plymouth Deluxe Business Coupe. It is the six passenger "fastback" model that a friend started and ran out of money. New frame/Fat Man IFS, airbags, Chevy 10 bold posi, Vintage air, Dakota Digital - you name it, he bought it. The only dumb thing is a 383 Chevy Stroker with a TH350 transmission. It's all in pieces but most of the work has been done. Kind of like a big erector set. Deep down in my soul, I think I bought it for the engine to put in my '93 Chevy Suburban street rod.

Do you think 9 vehicles may be too many? Maybe Obambi the ONE was talking about cars when he asked "when is enough, enough?"

Soooooo, of course, being stupid, I ended up with another Mopar project - a '46/'47 Plymouth Deluxe Business Coupe. It is the six passenger "fastback" model that a friend started and ran out of money. New frame/Fat Man IFS, airbags, Chevy 10 bold posi, Vintage air, Dakota Digital - you name it, he bought it. The only dumb thing is a 383 Chevy Stroker with a TH350 transmission. It's all in pieces but most of the work has been done. Kind of like a big erector set. Deep down in my soul, I think I bought it for the engine to put in my '93 Chevy Suburban street rod.

Pix of the coupe????

Just a pile of part at the moment. I'm picking it all up tomorrow so maybe I can get some then.

Yank that GM drivetrain out of that deluxe business coupe and replace it with a 360/727/8.75 combo. That's what one of our club members has in his '50 business coupe - makes for a fun driver.

I always kind of figured projects should have like engines. Mopar for Mopar, ford for ford, etc. Just because small block Chevies are cheap does NOT mean they belong in everything.

-
Back