indy sue edelbrock

-

Thenwhat85

built not bought
Reaction score
Hi guys/gals. I have a question which I'm pretty sure I know the answer to already.
Did indy sue edelbrock for coping their heads? I ask because my cousin who knows it all, Bought a 67 Cuda with a 451 in it. we were arguing about engine combos and if a 400 block 500in stroker is better than a 440 500in. I then asked him what heads he's running. He said eddys. I asked rpms, e street or victors? He said no it a rare eddy head that they copied off of indy and indy sued them. I have never heard this before and can't find anything on the internet about. I was thinking it's bs as soon as it came out of his mouth. What do you all think? Sorry for the rant I just want to prove the know it all wrong.

How can a company that "copied" Dodge for their design ever sue someone else...in other words your friend is full of it. Just wait for him to sell you those special heads :)

Better than trying to prove him wrong is forcing him to prove he's right.

Tell him it's complete BS unless he has documentation to prove it.

If he can't produce the documentation to support his claims, tell him to STFU and stop making up Urban Myths.

No on the Indy Edel head because Indy purchases the head from Edelbrock and then does there work to it.

Indy sues Edelbrock? Sounds like a mountain of horse ****. Someone is telling you stories for the fun of it.

Unless Indy has a patent on something that got copied then anyone could copy away.

China does it all the time.

Quite right since Indy took the Eddy heads and modified them, not the other way around.

I guess I'll have to re word this.

Indy purchases the heads from Edelbrock.

but then resells them for profit ..... fine line.

but why argue for a b.s. thing.

Not arguing. Just correcting completel wrong.

Purchasing someone else's head and then advertising them as your companies modified cylinder head from that someone's else's company is OK. Edelbrock knows exactly what is going on and supports it. How do I know they support it? They still sell the head to Indy.

There is no fine line. This is just simple biz. And it bennifits both parties. The Edelbrock logo is on the head and Indy does modification work on it. I do not know if they put there logo on it to further state it is there modified Edelbrock head.

I know that they purchase them, I was making the point that the modifier of a product can't sue the originator for infringement. It would be the other way around.

In this case, the originator is knowingly selling their product to the modifier and wouldn't have a grounds to sue either.

So back to the OP's question, there is no possible way for Indy to sue Edelbrock for these heads.

I know that they purchase them, I was making the point that the modifier of a product can't sue the originator for infringement. It would be the other way around.

In this case, the originator is knowingly selling their product to the modifier and wouldn't have a grounds to sue either.

So back to the OP's question, there is no possible way for Indy to sue Edelbrock for these heads.

Ahhhh, yyyyyyyeeeeeeaaaaa, that's what I said. Twice even. So, why are addressing me again?

Ahhhh, yyyyyyyeeeeeeaaaaa, that's what I said. Twice even. So, why are addressing me again?

I never addressed you in the first place, you addressed me, quoted my post and commented twice. After that, I responded.

Why? because you said this...

Not arguing. Just correcting completel wrong.

Well thanks and duh on me!
Thought it was something else. Obviously not! Ha ha ha

-
Back