Installing the classic dash for 1967 dodge dart

-
I have a 67 dash frame and gauge cluster that will fit the Dart. It was from a Barracuda, but the dash frame fits all A-Bodies. The gauge cluster is different from '67to '68. The speedo has a screw on cable in '67 and a snap on in '68. There are also subtle differences in the heater control openings especially where the fan speed switch is. I have both gauge sets available with 120 MPH speedo's with tripometer. The dash housing (sheet metal section) is clean but needs paint. But difficult to ship. PM me if interested.

20230511_155927[1].jpg

@Jonathan Paulsen did you ever get the Classic Dash panel installed, and if so, how did it turn out? Also, which dash frame did you have, the '70 non-Rallye or the '67 Rallye? Interested for any info before making a purchase.

I used the PG Classic dash bezel and was generally please with the appearance but not with the fit. The support piece that fits on top of the bezel did not fit into the slot at the top of the bezel. I had to use a Dremmel cutoff wheel to enlarge the grove in the bezel so the plate would fit. As this is the load bearing plate for the upper screws, it has to fit tight. That was nerve wracking, but done successfully. I expect that other bezels may be better made, but there are also 30-50% more expensive. The picture below is how the finished dash looks now. I was fortunate to have scored an original tach 30 years ago from a junkyard which I installed. It replaced an Autometer tach that I put in the blank hole way back in the 1970's. Figured that one out long before FABO existed and it worked all these years.
Let me know what you want to do.

Dash with New Bezel.jpg

I finally got around to trying to fit the classic dash in my 69 Dart. It will need to have some dash trimmed to fit and the holes don’t line up with the holes in the dash.
IMG_6844.jpeg

IMG_6843.jpeg

IMG_6842.jpeg

That's a shame that the holes don't line up and trimming is needed. I have been looking for a documented install or video for this specific panel on the '69 dash frame but haven't had any luck. I just sent them a message to see if there is anything they can provide. It looks like they were looking for someone to document an install back in 2018. '67-'69 Dodge Dart Dash Now Available From Classic Dash - Mopar Connection Magazine | A comprehensive daily resource for Mopar enthusiast news, features and the latest Mopar tech

I like the dash itself. I don’t mind the trimming the dash too much. The holes not even close is kinda annoying . I’ll bend the dash frame and make new holes to install eventually. Dustin

Just got this dash kit in last week. Just took out my factory cluster and looks like I will need to do some cutting to make it work. No way it will work without cutting. Has anyone put this dash in yet. I ordered mine through Autometer but the dash is made by Classic Dash.

-
Back