Is it worth it?

-
a-body 8.75, $750
4-spd gear box - $500
bell-housing, flywheel, down-bar, z-bar - $2-300, if 9", if 10.5 inch more.
pedals $150
bucket seats - 3-400
quick $2100 right there and there is still the whole rest of the car. LOTS of good trim on that car! I dont see a down side for that car at that price.

a-body 8.75, $750 4-spd gear box - $500 bell-housing, flywheel, down-bar, z-bar - $2-300, if 9", if 10.5 inch more. pedals $150 bucket seats - 3-400 quick $2100 right there and there is still the whole rest of the car. LOTS of good trim on that car! I dont see a down side for that car at that price.
wheels seem to be in good shape too

The wheels are Ultras,bolt pattern 4",I believe they said the motor was a running 318 when pulled,the plastic on the carb is torn and the exhaust ports are open it has been sitting for a while in a very dusty spot I couldn't get close enough to turn the motor by hand due to the wasps plus the ones inside mad it a bit treacherous. So all this said and with the pics I have decided to pass. If anyone wants the info I will pass it on individually in a private message to respect the family. The car is in Eastern Washington Tri Citys specifically. Just not something I want to tackle.

Looks good to me. I have seen a lot worse that turned out to be really nice cars when they were finished. It does take time and money, but looks like you would have a great base to start with. I would be concerned about the motor as someone else had stated. Is it free to turn over by hand or locked up? There are plenty of motors around, if needed, but are you willing or able to do this type of repair. Good luck, Love to see the early Barracuda's on the road again.
How about this one. Been on the road since I,ve had it from 1972. it,s a 65 barracuda formula S. Lots of upgrades.

Attachments

• 0813091829a.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 145
I wouldn't give 2K unless it runs and drives.

I wouldn't give 2K unless it runs and drives.

I gave 2k for my 67 Dart with a rid sticking out the side of the/6, but that was over 15 years ago, so it's water under the bridge.

and he better get into the car because he really WANTS it, because it can be a long and expensive road. and realize an early A body is NOT an investment!

As stated, 15 years, and I've got 7k into parts and I haven't even started to redo the car. (Next week!) But I'll never sell.

No way we can tell. You didn't post pictures. We don't have crystal balls here and we cannot see through the internet.

One thing though. Water pumps are NOT how to determine which engine you have. There is no "360" water pump since they will pretty much all interchange.

I have a crystal ball...what happened to yours?

It looks complete and in decent shape; I don't see the "rough looking" part you were talking about.

Depending on what the frame rails and floors look like, it looks like an okay deal; however, I'd still try to get him down to $2K. Maybe offer him $1750 first so you can work your way back up to $2K. If the frame rails don't look good, I'd pass.

why is everyone afraid of frame rail work....? people have no problem tearing roofs and qtr panels off and replacing.... why the fear of rails? the cuda looks great do a BB in it... i had one...

why is everyone afraid of frame rail work....? people have no problem tearing roofs and qtr panels off and replacing.... why the fear of rails? the cuda looks great do a BB in it... i had one...

Its not that were afraid of frame rail work, it just takes a lot of time and its a lot of work. That being said, most would just look for a better car to start with. UNLESS it is a numbers matching rare/ desirable car. Then whatever it takes. MT:burnout:

It's not like these cars are as available as they use to be. I would buy it if it were closer to North Carolina and my garage is full. As was said before there are easily enough good parts to make your money back and have parts left over.

It's not like these cars are as available as they use to be. I would buy it if it were closer to North Carolina and my garage is full. As was said before there are easily enough good parts to make your money back and have parts left over.
That is a cool avatar Tadams. How did you come by that???

I was at a Mopar car show, drag race at Rockingham Speedway and a gentleman would take a picture of your car and make the shirt. I would love to find him again. The number he left me and the address from where it was sent returns unanswered. You may find some on e-bay. I have seen some similar there. Have an awesome day

Looks like it is on the dry side of the mountains. "Rough" to you would be "pristine" to most guys in the east. Check for rust - all around rear wheels, lower doors, floors, cowl. The later is very hard to repair. That set of wheels is worth at least $250. A car show claimed the rear glass is $2000, but don't believe that. $2500 wouldn't be an unfair price, but try to knock him down to $2000 if it doesn't have working front disk brakes (appears to be drums from photo). I expect these early Barracudas will become much more valuable over time. They are a unique look and modern car designs are moving towards them, so will be "retro cool".

-
Back