Is this a crack

-
Nope nope nope.
Clearly a scam. Or,too much money for junk. Paypal friends and family, means just that.

Lakewood is making bell housings "new" for gen 3 Hemis as well as small blocks that accommodate a883, tremec trans. Sold through Holley. Good luck, hope this helps.
Are you saying the a883 is the same transmission as transmission as the chevy TKS 600

Are you saying the a883 is the same transmission as transmission as the chevy TKS 600
One of the mopar mags had some information on the Lakewood bell housings sold through Holley. Go to the Holley wesite and search for Lakewood bell housing for the current information .

I still chuckle when I see this one.

plumbers-butt.jpg

I bought the 71 Datson in 1975. Been on and off the road ever since. In high school they said can't put that mopar in there they're too big.
So the other day I was Kayaking across the lake. The engineer, legend kayak Builder Racer, Auto Racer says the 413 is heavy!!!
I said
I don't think so, see you at the race. So I thought I needed more power and got the 440

Man, if you couldn't tell that was a scam in three seconds, you better stop buying stuff on the internet.

It's easy to see it was blue painted.

I know it's very well balanced I went up The mountain and down the other side from Lake Tahoe all 2 lane
The motor never fell over once

Does this look like a crack in the pictureView attachment 1715782346
NO, that is a crack. Is it aluminium? Basically unless it is a rare collectible part, it is worth scrap weight. Could it be repaired it aluminium? Yes but at what cost? You would have to press the trans face to close up the gap, grind out or groove the crack and weld it. Then alignment would need to be checked. Probably not worth the trouble and better to walk away.

I've decided to go at brand new 1.

I'm not always safety 1st, or I wouldn't get out of bed

But when it comes to taking my legs off I'd rather be safer on this one
He insisted on PayPal family and friend's payment and was really given me the rush to make payment
Pushing to make a rush decision? That is a bad crack. Run and hide, send no money. That bell hsg is only worth scrape price.

If it's an alloy housing it can be repaired and be about as safe as OEM, which isn't saying much. If it were mine, I would repair it and make some reinforcement pieces for it, both sides, and use it. As long as it wasn't for any super high powered project. I had a buddy in HS. owned a 68 RR that was pretty much totaled on account of housing failure one night. Took out the floor, all the way back to the rear axle being tweaked beyond use, leaf springs and mounts too. Personally not a big fan of any housing that isn't made from stamped steel and even then, prefer to have a mid support of some kind.

-
Back