Is this a smallblock K member and will it work?

-

mshred

The Green Manalishi
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I dug this k member out of my garage yesterday with my dad. He got it a long time ago and it has smallblock written on it but is there a way to identify it for sure? the only number on it was MK 25-1. I am assuming it is an a-body small block k member, but im not sure...Also, does it matter what year a-body this thing came out of? I would like to use it for my 71 scamp v8 swap but im not sure on the interchangability on these...so is it smallblock? is it a body? and will it fit my 71 scamp? lol...here are some pics of it:cheers:
DSC00458.jpg

DSC00459.jpg

DSC00460.jpg

DSC00461.jpg

Unless there is someone out there with a keen eye, measurements will probably need to be taken...length, width, and mount location in relation to them. Or, if the K is out of the Scamp, mock it up or do a quick install. And '67-'76 A body should be the same, both Dodge and Plymouth.

Looks like a '68-'72 small block K member to me. It has small block biscuit mount pads and the through bolt idler arm bracket instead of the '67 only stud mount idler arm. To see if it will bolt into your Scamp, measure the distance from mounting hole to mounting hole across the front of the K member on both the K and your car. If it is a B body it will be a couple inches too wide. Sure looks like an A to me though.

Looks like a '68-'72 small block K member to me. It has small block biscuit mount pads and the through bolt idler arm bracket instead of the '67 only stud mount idler arm. To see if it will bolt into your Scamp, measure the distance from mounting hole to mounting hole across the front of the K member on both the K and your car. If it is a B body it will be a couple inches too wide. Sure looks like an A to me though.

^^^^^^^ grumpuscreature is correct ^^^^^^^^

I don,t think your Dad would have kept C-body K?LOL!It looks to be A-body!That should fit in your Scamp Mattew!Spring is here,brush the dust off of these genuine,historic,savyuors!Tranny,K,manifolds?Greasy hands!Gotta love MaMopar!Get er done!J/K

thanks for all the help guys its much appreciated...i figured it was abody smallblock (why else would it have been written on it) but doesnt hurt to check...the scamp is coming home from paint soon so i will definatly try and see if it fits...good to know all the 68-72 abodies were the same

could some one post a /6 k frame. My car is supposed a /6 but the k frame looks just like that one.

-
Back