ITS ALIVE!!! 66 Cuda running again!

-

Viper21700

Reaction score
Well gents after four long months of electrical nightmare, she started today... Let her warm up, she was happier than a tornado in a trailer park lol. Attached is the video I took.. Still more work to be done, but its a definite improvement... Next up, new rear axle, replace the interior, new roof and floorboards, then drop the k-member and repaint... while the K-members out rebuild the suspension, possible a HDK type upgrade?? Plan on putting 4 wheel disc brakes on in at the same time. Thanks for all the help you guys provided me up to this point.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IDK7Ro1C_3k"]She's running!!!! - YouTube[/ame]

Well, been working on the "free" type of work on the car today.. Had an old battery hold-down from my 98 Ram I sold last year... They were pretty ratty, rubber on them had rotted half off from battery acid... stripped the remaining rubber on them off, washed them in baking soda to kill the remaing acid, sanded the surface rust off them, did a base coat in satin black rustoleum, let them dry (with the help of the heat gun) then hit them with a couple coats of VHT silver wheel paint... found some brand new hold down rods in my tool box that were a bit too long, took the dremel tool to trim them down to size, put some black heat shrink tubing on them to help with any rubbing on the case of the battery.. Looks awesome.
Tore the center console out today as well, took everything apart, polished the chrome, cleaned the carpet surrounding the console (with the pressure washer.... you dont want to know how much ich came off the carpet... its actually black once again)

Ill have some pictures up later.

oh and does anyone have the piece of plastic for the console shifter that moves with the shifter and covers the hole?? Mine was broken and I need a replacement.

Way to go and keep on playing with the big boy toy as I call my 65 formula S!! They are always a project in the working and someday down the road will get done, but as I refer to it a hole we throw money into as the value is never going to be worth the investment we take on. Truth is it is our joy of the cool car it is and the rare beast they are that makes them what they are. Maybe someday they will get the attention they deserve, but until then we just love them and I drive mine and have fun!

65Cudalover!

Well, as is proper for a newly running vehicle, the complimentary burnout (Sorry about the weakness, the first one was ten times better... tires were warm by this time... and on a 7.25 didnt want to shred the rear axle... yet...)

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0C8QUCL-8LM&list=UUmSdPb9PctsMyUU-cvAavug"]Second burnout. - YouTube[/ame]

My cousin was laughing his butt off when I did the first one.

It gets even better, Saturday went junkyarding, found a set of spotless Mitsubishi Eclipse seat for 40$. They are grey, not black, but they fit in nice. Need to build a mounting bracket for them, which will be simple.
On a slightly different subject, my roomate here in Florida called me this weekend when I was home in SC with the wife, he was out yard saling with his wife and found me a never used 220V MIG welder for 100$... Its a Harbor Freight Special, but I dont care, it makes metal stick to metal lol.. and for being still in the box, Im not arguing one dang bit!!!

-
Back