It's getting painful to read some of the posts on here.

-
Language is made up and so are the so called rules.

What's truly painful is that there are members here who agree with you. FABO has NOTHING to do with spelling, grammar, punctuation, etc.

I'm sure the smartest written communicator or best speller doesn't own the nicest car or have the biggest wallet either LOL :lol:

Do your part to help is my best advice! :D

Language is made up and so are the so called rules.
While that may be true to some degree, where would we be without it and it's "rules"? Even non-human animals have language and communication rules, they are necessary to allow for basic understanding. We all learn that a comma goes here and a period goes there etc., and those basic rules of language make it possible for us to more clearly understand each other. Can I figure out what you've written without them? Hell yea. Do I usually have to read something twice when the rules are not applied and there are no comma's or period's? Sure do. Even folks who don't use them or use them improperly have a basic sense that they are needed, be sure when they read that run-on sentence out loud, they instinctively add them in... yes, they apply the rules.

What's truly painful is that there are members here who agree with you. FABO has NOTHING to do with spelling, grammar, punctuation, etc.

I'm sure the smartest written communicator or best speller doesn't own the nicest car or have the biggest wallet either LOL :lol:

Do your part to help is my best advice! :D

is there any way to tell what percentage of our members is located outside of the US?
i know ive seen people post here from Sweden, Germany, France and Belgium, and im sure there are many other countries represented here
(im skipping over Canada and England for obvious reasons)

these are members that are at a disadvantage because mopars are so much rarer where they live, and if the cars are rare, so is the expertise on them
then they come on here to figure something out, but we cant even follow simple grammatical rules and they have NO IDEA what we said

i submit you you, that as far as these members are concerned "doing your part to help" includes using proper English

is there any way to tell what percentage of our members is located outside of the US?

Not that I know of.....

i submit you you, that as far as these members are concerned "doing your part to help" includes using proper English

While I agree with you to an extent, there's no reason I can think of to single someone out for spelling, grammar or punctuation errors. Most of the errors are easily deciphered for me...

Is it winter already or something?

Its all about the interest here. Ive helped out alot of mopar hobbyists here and locally. I feel its my duty to extend any knowledge I may have,
to help someone with the same goals. With or without a sale.

Dave

Not that I know of.....

While I agree with you to an extent, there's no reason I can think of to single someone out for spelling, grammar or punctuation errors. Most of the errors are easily deciphered for me...

Is it winter already or something?
I'm not saying we should pick on anyone, just making a case for spelling
In fact, I haven't picked on anyone for spelling since the time i did and the OP turned out a veteran and his writing was a result of a war casualty
(I learned from that one)

Yes I too celebrate hardworking honest ambitious people. yes I have succeeded in my own measurement. But everyday and for decades I have seen what the 'billionaire" types will do for another buck. Maybe you would be surprised. It reminds me what the typical politician will do for another million in is account.
I understand, and You're preaching to the choir, I am painfully aware of the Oligarchs of the World. But it was irrelevant to My point and question, in today's day and age,
would people/banks/investors give an illiterate person the time of day enough to start a business and succeed?

I understand, and You're preaching to the choir, I am painfully aware of the Oligarchs of the World. But it was irrelevant to My point and question, in today's day and age,
would people/banks/investors give an illiterate person the time of day enough to start a business and succeed?
They might very well. Money lenders are lately only interested in the merits of the business plan and if it makes enough sense, they are in. I have found more and more that the capital funders are less interested in the credentials of the individual and more interested in the details of the business plan. I have several colleagues that have raised millions and only have high school diplomas...or less.

You'd be surprised how many Venture Captal funds and Angel money investors are plowing funds into ventures who's owners don't have credentials like they did 20 years ago. They don't want to miss the next Mark Zuckerberg's Facebook of the furure.

Conventional banks are pretty much the same as they ever were...reluctant.

My point was if you understand what someone is trying to say is all that matters.
It's about the ideas. Or other wise it's just noise.

If a tree falls in the forest does it make a sound if there's no one to hear it ?
The anwser is No. It takes a brain to translate pressure waves into sound.

People take our imaginary world too serious. :)

But if someone post is not understandable then obviously we got a "communication break down" :)

"FABO has NOTHING to do with spelling, grammar, punctuation, etc."

Uhhh....so is that to mean that it IS to do with run on sentences, lack of punctuation including QUESTION marks, Failure to capitalize the first letter at the beginning of sentences, etc ?
Are you willing to just sit and let the language go to hell? Do you allow people to litter on your yard ?

Uhhh....so is that to mean that it IS to do with run on sentences, lack of punctuation including QUESTION marks, Failure to capitalize the first letter at the beginning of sentences, etc ?
Are you willing to just sit and let the language go to hell? Do you allow people to litter on your yard ?

I really don't know were to put a period o just guess lol

"so is that to mean that it IS to do with run on sentences"

Shouldn't that be, "so is that to mean that it HAS to do with run on sentences,"

Treblig

When I saw the title of this thread my first thought was, There's a pill for that.
After 3 days and 6 pages I deduced that I didn't need proper spelling or punctuation to get my point across.

Last edited:
I never realized that, in my rambling remarks on here I failed to capitalize the first word of my sentences. I write sort of like I talk no doubt. I obviously do not use caps in my speech BUT I should when i try to convey my thoughts on paper or this puter (computer).
I am trying to do better as I don't want to be labeled as a bad communicator. OK so I realize no doubt I am.

I did not indent my first paragraph here. Am I wrong????? Ha

-
Back