It's Here!

-
Eagle Equipment lift?

Actually it's an Atlas BP9000 lift. I did a lot of checking and although this lift cost about $100.00 more than the one from Derek Weaver, I just like the way they had all of the info on their site, it looks like they know what they are talking about. I was able to talk with someone that had all of the answers to my questions. I CAN'T WAIT TO INSTALL IT, pictures to come.

Hey SUPERCHARGE!!
Nice! How much? Ceiling height? 11'6" By any chance?? I'll be going that way myself before summers out!! Good luck on the install!!!!!

Hey SUPERCHARGE!!
Nice! How much? Ceiling height? 11'6" By any chance?? I'll be going that way myself before summers out!! Good luck on the install!!!!!

The cost was $1795.00 + $250.00 for shipping. They will ship to a shipping depot near you and then you will have to pick it up. I used a buddy's car trailer to pick mine up.

Attachments

• IMG_0354.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 423
You are going to be very happy with it I am sure, congrats!

Actually it's an Atlas BP9000 lift. I did a lot of checking and although this lift cost about $100.00 more than the one from Derek Weaver, I just like the way they had all of the info on their site, it looks like they know what they are talking about. I was able to talk with someone that had all of the answers to my questions. I CAN'T WAIT TO INSTALL IT, pictures to come.

I looked at Greg Smith when I bought my tire machine. Both GS and Eagle had similar Chinese made machines so I went with Eagle because they did free shipping. A buddy of mine has a GS 2-Post lift and it seems fine. I've never seen it work since he just leaves his Dart Sport on it all the time.

I looked at Greg Smith when I bought my tire machine. Both GS and Eagle had similar Chinese made machines so I went with Eagle because they did free shipping. A buddy of mine has a GS 2-Post lift and it seems fine. I've never seen it work since he just leaves his Dart Sport on it all the time.

Wow I didn't see Eagle, free shipping might have changed my mind. Oh well, at least I have it. I can't wait until it's installed.

Great -- if I only had enough ceiling height

Plenty of ceiling height here LMAO

jrflw1.jpg

That's awesome. We may put one in our new commercial space. Let us all know what you think when it's installed and working!

Alex

You are going to love the lift. I bought a used 9000# Ammco from a lady who's husband had purchased it and had it installed at their retirement home only to learn he had brain cancer and passed away. It was installed in 06 and only used a couple times until I bought it two years ago.

The best $1300 I've spent on the shop.

Well I have it pretty much installed BUT I ran it up to the top and now it won't come back down. I talked to the technical support at Greg Smith and they said that it was probably air in the lines and that I should bungee the down lever on as well as the safety release and that it would allow the air to come out and in the process the lift would come down. I will let you guys know what happens and when everything is working I will provide more pics.

Attachments

• IMG_20160326_204604149.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 262
Success! We have lift off! This is my buddy Larry's truck on my new lift.

Attachments

• IMG_20160402_140917325.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 230
notice he used his friends truck as the test rat lmao. congrats you can now burn your creeper. I am jealous as hell it looks awesome !!!!

notice he used his friends truck as the test rat lmao. congrats you can now burn your creeper. I am jealous as hell it looks awesome !!!!

I was thinkin the same thing on the test !

You must have been reading my mind LOL. No, actually the Dart was still covered and he was working on his truck. We just pulled the axels out of it so he can change the bolt pattern. I have a few things to do under the Dart once we are done with his truck. This has been a long time dream of mine.

Nice! I hope to get one myself one of these days.

Every time I talk about 2 posts lifts I remember when I worked in a oil/tire garage in college. As I had left for break, they were bringing in an early 70s Cadillac. The thing was a mile long. Anyhow on the way back, I see something odd through the window; the front end of a Cadillac 15 feet in the air as if it was wheel standing. They put it on the 2 post lift but didn't center the car. It was so long that just extending the arms wasn't good enough unless the car was centered. Apparently it stayed level up until it was about 5 foot off the ground and the front teetered up, swinging the rear arms forward. At that point there was no grabbing the front and dragging it down. And something about how the car pushed the arms forward completely locked it against the safety stops. We eventually put a couple floor jacks under the rear bumper and pulled it, along with the rear two arms back enough to allow us to bring the lift back down. Didn't seem to phase that Caddy one bit. Built like a tank.

The owner had left and didn't see it happen and never found out about it to my knowledge. I always chuckle when people think taking their car to a garage is more certain/safe than doing it yourself. We always did our best but mistakes happened all the time. Good times though. :)

Nice! I hope to get one myself one of these days.

Every time I talk about 2 posts lifts I remember when I worked in a oil/tire garage in college. As I had left for break, they were bringing in an early 70s Cadillac. The thing was a mile long. Anyhow on the way back, I see something odd through the window; the front end of a Cadillac 15 feet in the air as if it was wheel standing. They put it on the 2 post lift but didn't center the car. It was so long that just extending the arms wasn't good enough unless the car was centered. Apparently it stayed level up until it was about 5 foot off the ground and the front teetered up, swinging the rear arms forward. At that point there was no grabbing the front and dragging it down. And something about how the car pushed the arms forward completely locked it against the safety stops. We eventually put a couple floor jacks under the rear bumper and pulled it, along with the rear two arms back enough to allow us to bring the lift back down. Didn't seem to phase that Caddy one bit. Built like a tank.

The owner had left and didn't see it happen and never found out about it to my knowledge. I always chuckle when people think taking their car to a garage is more certain/safe than doing it yourself. We always did our best but mistakes happened all the time. Good times though. :)

Yeah, you hear a thousand stories about that kind of stuff. Makes me want to be extra careful. This lift is what they call Super symmetrical meaning that the arms can be run in symmetrical or asymmetrical positions. That should help

-
Back