It's my Barracuda's birthday...sort of

-

cudadriver

Reaction score
I realized today, that I've had my Barracuda for 42 years. Got it when I was 20 years old and couldn't part with it. It's in pretty good shape for a 42 year old. That's the original paint too.

1 Cuda front left.jpg

7 Cuda Left rear side.jpg

3 Cuda driver's side interior.jpg

4 Cuda Passenger side interior.jpg

5 Cuda top front.jpg

6 Cuda top rear.jpg

2 Cuda back seat left.jpg

Im 42 and dont look anywhere near that good and I need to replace a few gaskets cuz I leak in the driveway!

Yep. GG1. I ordered it with the green interior but it came with the black. I'm glad it did.

OK, so what color are the seatbelts?

Mine is GG1 with black interior, ordered but not by me.
The thing is, the seatbelts are dark green.
People tell me that they must have been replaced at some point, but the date codes on them are right on. The car is no show piece, and someone replacing them with coded pieces in the wrong color seems strange.

Thank you for the info.

She's a beautiful original. You should have a party. I did for my Dart's birthday.
It was fun. toolmanmike

100_4001.jpg

OK, so what color are the seatbelts?

Mine is GG1 with black interior, ordered but not by me.
The thing is, the seatbelts are dark green.
People tell me that they must have been replaced at some point, but the date codes on them are right on. The car is no show piece, and someone replacing them with coded pieces in the wrong color seems strange.

Thank you for the info.
Yeah, Mine are dark green too! Kinda wondered about that. They have never been changed as I'm the only owner. It seems to have showed up more as the car aged.

Mike I have to ask you this question.Did you go for the factory woodgrain steering wheel and then change back? BTW,happy birthday to the green machine.8)

It's in better shape than my 1997 Jimmy and most other "newer" cars I've seen. Just awesome.

I realized today, that I've had my Barracuda for 42 years. Got it when I was 20 years old and couldn't part with it. It's in pretty good shape for a 42 year old. That's the original paint too.

attachment.php

I have a question: is this original back seat in 68 barracuda? I thought it would have the Barracuda Fish Logo on it like this:

attachment.php

I have a question: is this original back seat in 68 barracuda? I thought it would have the Barracuda Fish Logo on it like this:

Fastback only on the back seat logo.

Very nice, does that thing have a Hemi! Neither does mine!!! We could only hope! I've owned mine since 1978!

Attachments

• cuda pix outside fall 2009 [nov. 28] 001.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 70
  • cuda pix outside fall 2009 [nov. 28] 004.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 67
  • cuda pix outside fall 2009 [nov. 28] 009.jpg
    117.7 KB · Views: 76
-
Back