Jack Roush Crash Oshkosh 2010

-

72ScampTramp

Scamp Tramp
Reaction score
In my line of work EAA Airventure is the worlds largest air show. Last year I attended and as always someone crashes. This is not ment to be a funny or a joke.. But some good footage of the crash.

Attachments

• Roush1.JPG
    43.5 KB · Views: 405
  • Roush2.JPG
    46.5 KB · Views: 451
  • Roush3.JPG
    41.4 KB · Views: 433
  • Roush4.JPG
    47.9 KB · Views: 427
  • Roush5.JPG
    58.8 KB · Views: 434
  • Roush6.JPG
    62.1 KB · Views: 431
  • Roush8.JPG
    56.8 KB · Views: 432
  • Roush9.JPG
    74.7 KB · Views: 445
wow i knew he flew a P51 mustang but not that he did anything like that. was he trying to do something funky with it? hope hes ok, even though hes a ford guy he is one of my heroes.

It seems like Jack needs a new hobby. Isn't this he second crash?

from Wiki:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jack_Roush

On April 20, 2002, Roush almost lost his life when his private plane, an Aircam, went down in a lake in Troy, Alabama. Roush was underwater and unconscious, suffering from a head concussion, when Larry Hicks, a retired Marine, rescued Roush, pulled him to safety, and administered CPR. Shortly afterwards, Roush was flown to UAB Hospital in Birmingham, Alabama where he was treated for a head injury, broken ribs, and a shattered left leg. Hicks was injured as a result of the rescue, suffering cramps in both his arms and first degree chemical burns on his body from the fuel.[4]

Roush was trying to land that plane at Oshkosh. Had very little time in a plane of that size. Not to mention during Oshkosh, which is the worlds, largest air show the Airport there becomes busier then Chicago’s O’Hare. They have planes landing almost on top of each other making it difficult for novice pilots to land in them conditions. He over shot the runway and slid off.

Well, He's got stones. I'll give him that. I'd pick a new hobby after the first crash.

Jack's got lots of experience dealing with people who run out of talent when piloting a motorized vehicle.

In that first pic.. the holy %&$^ moment, I don't see anything resembling a runway

Grant

Grant, you don't see the runway? It's right in front of the plane in the 1st photo. Look close and you'll see it - it's very short (maybe 20-25 feet long), but really, really wide! LOL

Actually that isnt a run way that is the taxiway. The runway he skipped off to the right of it and flipped end over nose. He ran out of real estate and tried to get back up and go around again but he dropped his right wing and stalled.

Jack is a brilliant man (though he works for them Blue Oval folks), I hope he's okay and sit in another seat besides the pilots chair!!!

LOL.. guessin I been flying simulations wrong. Glad you pointed that out.. in case I ever have to land one myself ROFL

Grant

-
Back