Jegs Brand timing cover

-

70Dart340V8

Reaction score
Has anyone used/using the jegs brand timing cover for the SB V8? I was replacing my water pump when I saw my that a corner of my timing cover has corroded away and is no longer good. Jegs has their brand for $70.99. They also (as well as Summit) have a mopar brand one for $133.97. I've had no issue in the past with Summit brand parts but I haven't gotten very many things from Jegs so I'm not sure how their quality is.

Same source that is selling EQ heads here in Vegas...I am working just around the corner from them.

Damn--I didn't even look at the ebay ad to be perfectly honest--that's a good deal if it fits and doesn't leak. If that's the same source for the EQ heads, do you think they might be cast down under?

i have tried to use the one on ebay but it did not match my oil pan on the bottom circle part. brand new and could not make it fit, took it off put the used one back on with no issues. i can tell by the up side down MA near the crank hole. this was a few years back but be warned, cheap isnt always good. i would go with mancini's

That's a good price on that cover. I'll definitly go through them then. This just means my total spend on this fix will be further away from the "wife will kill me" range ;)

I picked one up at a "recycled parts store" for my 360 for about $25.00. It was already off the car.

As krazy said above...no provision for fuel pump on a magnum timing cover...and I can't recall off the top of my head, but I'm pretty sure the water pumps can't be interchanged between the two...i.e., you can't put an LA pump on a magnum, or vice versa.

Has anyone used/using the jegs brand timing cover for the SB V8? I was replacing my water pump when I saw my that a corner of my timing cover has corroded away and is no longer good. Jegs has their brand for $70.99. They also (as well as Summit) have a mopar brand one for $133.97. I've had no issue in the past with Summit brand parts but I haven't gotten very many things from Jegs so I'm not sure how their quality is.

no one local to you has a good used one???

As krazy said above...no provision for fuel pump on a magnum timing cover...and I can't recall off the top of my head, but I'm pretty sure the water pumps can't be interchanged between the two...i.e., you can't put an LA pump on a magnum, or vice versa.

That's correct...

-
Back