John Deere Eye Candy,...Any J.D. Fans Out There???????

-

jaimus

Old School ASE Gold
Reaction score
Wowza!! Yes ! I love the old Johny poppers, I drove many back in the day, the ones with the compression relief on them, I stepped on a hot brake one time ... ouch .

Really nice!! Good luck with the sale Jaimus. I was born where most of those were made, and even went to John Deere Junior High School.

I was never big enough to start the ones with the fly wheel start back in the day.

I was never big enough to start the ones with the fly wheel start back in the day.

I gotta tell ya ,...I was a little apprehensive of stickin my hands in a place I wouldn't stick my talliwacker , (if ya get my meaning),....but once dad showed me, It wasn't too hard to make any of em run...

If they're tuned right you don't need "strength"

I really don't know much about the JDs, but I've always had a "spot" for the little B.O. Lindeman crawlers, which were born right up in this part of the country.

When I maybe 12 My Gramps got one and I could operate it, with hand clutch and easy to operate controls. He had a place which the driveway was very bad for snow drifts, so he devised a temporary / portable "snow fence," sections of rough board fencing on skids, with triangular supports which could be easily assembled. So in the fall, I'd drive, and Dad and Gramps would rassle the snow fence off the skids as I dragged them along, and the reverse in the spring.

Then after the Navy, a friend of mine acquired one, rebuilt the tracks, and made a small dozer for it. They were a ton of fun.

If they're tuned right you don't need "strength"

I really don't know much about the JDs, but I've always had a "spot" for the little B.O. Lindeman crawlers, which were born right up in this part of the country.

When I maybe 12 My Gramps got one and I could operate it, with hand clutch and easy to operate controls. He had a place which the driveway was very bad for snow drifts, so he devised a temporary / portable "snow fence," sections of rough board fencing on skids, with triangular supports which could be easily assembled. So in the fall, I'd drive, and Dad and Gramps would rassle the snow fence off the skids as I dragged them along, and the reverse in the spring.

Then after the Navy, a friend of mine acquired one, rebuilt the tracks, and made a small dozer for it. They were a ton of fun.

[/QUOTE)
Here are three "Lindeman's", the last one is not,...My father in law told me the story about how Lindeman's came to be,...very interesting.

View attachment dick's stuff sept 2013 017.jpg

View attachment dick's stuff sept 2013 018.jpg

View attachment dick's stuff sept 2013 019.jpg

View attachment dick's stuff sept 2013 088.jpg

Those are real cool and all, but they ain't John Deer eye candy. THIS is.

Attachments

• JOHN DEER GIRL.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 313
Here are three "Lindeman's", the last one is not,...My father in law told me the story about how Lindeman's came to be,...very interesting.

attachment.php

I'd forgotten, LOL. When I was growing up one of my uncles had one of the JD "MC" crawlers with a front loader / bucket. Don't remember for sure, but it was probably electric start.

He had only one arm, having lost one in a hunting accident when a young man. Ironically, one of his nephews alter lost an arm in Viet nam

Anyhow, he had a mechanical "hook," rolled his own cigarettes, ran the local dump and first beginnings our our hometown (Sandpoint Idaho) waste collection AKA "garbage truck" and did landscaping on the side.

Nice collection. I restored this one a few years back after my grandfather passed away. My grandfather had bought it new for my uncle sometime around 1959+/-. According to my uncle he had wore out more than one set of tires on it back in the day. I remember this tractor being in the shed the whole time I was growing up it was wore out and not operational. When I was about five in 1974 I had a blue Ford peddle tractor with a trailer. Loved that thing and it made me pretty good at backing up trailers even to this day. Anyways it was surprisingly easy to round up replacement parts to get the old John Deere back in shape. All you need is a good body that is about the only part not reproduced.

Attachments

• 6918_1058434881680_7868365_n.jpg
    104.1 KB · Views: 275
  • 6918_1058434841679_4272466_n.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 278
Nice collection. I restored this one a few years back after my grandfather passed away. My grandfather had bought it new for my uncle sometime around 1959+/-. According to my uncle he had wore out more than one set of tires on it back in the day. I remember this tractor being in the shed the whole time I was growing up it was wore out and not operational. When I was about five in 1974 I had a blue Ford peddle tractor with a trailer. Loved that thing and it made me pretty good at backing up trailers even to this day. Anyways it was surprisingly easy to round up replacement parts to get the old John Deere back in shape. All you need is a good body that is about the only part not reproduced.

hey, I think your right about the eye candy! `m gonna have to take another look. she`s buuuutiful:thumblef:

not a john queer fan but that is a big collection in one area.

There is a guy in this area that has a mountain of old Deere's and lots of equipment that goes with it.

but i dont like seeing another queer on a deere ;-)

That is a nice collection he has of JD stuff! The Hit and Miss engine's are really cool.

Very cool. I grew up on those old two bangers.
C

Nice collection! Farmers are even worse than us Mopar folks........you can't collect just one. lol Most of those were made in my town, Waterloo,Iowa. We have a big 2 cylinder show every year. It's the Mopar Nats for the John Deere crowd.

Thanks for sharing! Very nice collection!

My dad has a JD40 crawler tractor that still sees regular use - he bought it new around 1960 I think. I've got a JD 1010 in my garage that see regular use leveling the driveway and bush hogging!

I am an Oliver collector but appreciate any one that saves American farm history. Pics look great. I just started 2 years ago and have 6 tractors and almost 2 of each of the machinery they pulled behind them.

Nice!

I remember having one of those pedal tractors as a kid. The dealership through it in when Pop bought his JD350.

Bringing back some (very faint) memories for me of sitting on Pop's lap when I was four or five years old, pulling the sticks on that little dozer.

When we moved up here from FL Pop bought ten acres and started a pig farm. Most of the land was for feed corn. He couldn't afford a tractor so he used the little dozer instead.

And he made money on hiring it out, doing dozer work other folks. He always dreamed of going to a 450 or 550. He could do the job with the 350, but it took him a little while longer.

-
Back