junk yard findings

-

gniknayrb18

Reaction score
going to a local junk yard tomorrow that has been shut down for almost 10 yrs now. my father got a new job and they are going to turn this junk yard into a new business but they have to get rid of the cars that are still there and from what i understand they still have a few old cars in the back. i will be taking pictures and posting them. let me know if you guys are interested in anything before they get crushed. and i have no idea what they still have its kinda been a hidden secret for a while now. im so excited i can't wait lol. i think i will be the only one allowed back there well me and my father

That could be a small gold mine (or even a big one) Hope you have a truck and some wrenches with you, if they are just scrapping them, pay them the scrap price and pull everything you can. We had one of those here a bunch of years ago and they crushed everything before barely anybody knew. There was so much good stuff in there, a tragic waste. :banghead:

ill keep my eye open for anything and yes i have a 1 ton dodge dually so ill be bringing back everything i can....and i don't think he is going to charge me

:happy1: I love finding stuff like that I found a similer place in Idaho but was 90% gm but still cool don't know if it is still there I think I will look next time im there!!!

RAINED OUT!!!! so disappointed but the guy said i could come out anytime i wanted looking like saturday might be my best bet

i will have my cell phone and i promise anything worth grabbing i will be getting just hope i have room at the house for all of them....might even grab a couple of cars lol... if anyone is needing any chevy or ford stuff let me know...pm me if u must lol...

Subscribed....

Love some good ole finds, my buddy just opened up and old warehouse in Chicago with about 25 cars that have been untouched for 20+ years.

Take a generator, plenty of gas, and air tools. Probably wouldn't hurt to take a torch is time is od the essence.

In 1988 there used to be an abandoned junk yard here. At some point before I came back in 1999 they cleaned it out. It was a hike in deal and full of pre early 60's. it was the coolest thing, I was only 18 but saw a few early hemi cars, lots of 55-57 Chevy's. Somebody got to have a hayday in there before they built the golf course that is there now.

good news it started clearing up. i will be leaving here in 30 mins

Might want to double check the radar! Looks like a lot more and heavier rain moving in. Been raining here foran hour and a half.

just got back and i should of checked the radar lol but that didn't stop me...unfortunately for me nothing that i was looking for but i did find a few 40-50 coupe's that were in rally nice shape. pics are on the way

just got back and i should of checked the radar lol but that didn't stop me...unfortunately for me nothing that i was looking for but i did find a few 40-50 coupe's that were in rally nice shape. pics are on the way

LoL!!! Half the fun is tromping around in the rain. At least you didn't get all the dust stirred up and could see the spider webs.

pics

Attachments

• IMAG0593.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 236
  • IMAG0594.jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 229
  • IMAG0595.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 247
  • IMAG0605.jpg
    100.9 KB · Views: 255
  • IMAG0601.jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 245
  • IMAG0606.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 241
  • IMAG0614.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 240
  • IMAG0607.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 237
  • IMAG0608.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 256
  • IMAG0610.jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 241
not many planned on going back when it cleared up a little was hard to take pics with my phone and the rain dropping on the screen

-
Back