Just dropped a 742 323 sure grip on my pinky

-

HemiEd

Reaction score
I just returned from the emergency room from getting 14 stitches in my little finger, from dropping my 8 3/4 3rd member on it.

It was pretty exciting for a while, since I was home alone and I am on two blood thinners. :D

I have never seen that much of my flesh, as the finger was flat from being cut down the length of it, on both sides.

So I am somewhat handicapped for a few days. I smashed the heck out of it!

I was putting my 3:23 gears back in, and taking the 3:73s out to sell. I dropped it off the jack putting it back together, only 1/2 hour from being done. :banghead:

Well the Mrs. is telling me to quit using my hand.

Broke my pinky playing rugby in college, sounds like a big joke, but in reality, it sucks! It is surprising how many things can not be done "one-handed" and how many things are nearly impossible with the "wrong" hand. I feel for you, Buddy.
Any chance the wife will finish up the chunk for you so you can get it back on the road?

Broke my pinky playing rugby in college, sounds like a big joke, but in reality, it sucks! It is surprising how many things can not be done "one-handed" and how many things are nearly impossible with the "wrong" hand. I feel for you, Buddy.
Any chance the wife will finish up the chunk for you so you can get it back on the road?
Rugby looks like a rough sport, for sure.

yeah, it really sucks, thanks. I am down to one handed pecking now. I am going to try and get one of the guys from work to come over and set it in. Those darn huge TTi muffler hangers are in the way for an easy insertion. I have had it in and out a few times, but never had this happen.

Hope it wasn't on your butt-wipin' hand! :toothy10: I know from experience what a PITA it can be to switch hands for that! :angry7: Okay, I've said enough.

Did you hurt the third member?LOL Seriously I bet that really hurt got watch it those thing are heavy.

You gotta be more careful. Never broke my arm or hand. Leg, hip, jaw yeah, accidents happen if you rush. I had a newer front wheel drive car roll off a nice hd floor jack doing the brakes once. Seen it move and bang it went in 2 seconds. I USED to change the oil on the car with no jack stands. It still shakes me up thinking about it.

Work gloves are a good investment also. Yeah they get dirty quick so like I skip them too often.

Hey, 64 cuda just reminded me of what happened to a friend of mine. He broke both his arms in a motorcycle accident. Had both arms in casts from hid shoulders to his wrists! He was from Wisconson, going to school in Auburn (Alabama) and decided to finish out the Quarter. Guess what his room mate had to help him with? I guess they were pretty good friends, I would have moved out! LOL

If you can't laugh at yourself, at least laugh at somebody else!

Hey, 64 cuda just reminded me of what happened to a friend of mine. He broke both his arms in a motorcycle accident. Had both arms in casts from hid shoulders to his wrists! He was from Wisconson, going to school in Auburn (Alabama) and decided to finish out the Quarter. Guess what his room mate had to help him with? I guess they were pretty good friends, I would have moved out! LOL

There are just things that you do not need a visual of.....and this was one of them......HemiEd, glad you are ok.

Hope it wasn't on your butt-wipin' hand! :toothy10: I know from experience what a PITA it can be to switch hands for that! :angry7: Okay, I've said enough.

Of course it was! Part of the reason this happened, was I recently popped a ligament in my elbow working out. So I just didn't have the strength to manhandle the thing.

Did you hurt the third member?LOL Seriously I bet that really hurt got watch it those thing are heavy.
No, it is fine. The top edge, where the two bolt are the closest, is what landed on my finger.

You gotta be more careful. Never broke my arm or hand. Leg, hip, jaw yeah, accidents happen if you rush. I had a newer front wheel drive car roll off a nice hd floor jack doing the brakes once. Seen it move and bang it went in 2 seconds. I USED to change the oil on the car with no jack stands. It still shakes me up thinking about it.

Work gloves are a good investment also. Yeah they get dirty quick so like I skip them too often.

That gives me chills just thinking about your jackstand issue. I was 8 one time, and had to get a jack under a 54 Chrysler that had the trans come down on my Dad in the middle of a gravel driveway. So I have always been pretty careful about that.

I had latex gloves on, so it at least contained the blood. I had just yanked off the heavy gloves so I could have some feel. :banghead:

I know your pain............
When I was working at the C/P dealership, I went in to work on
my 21st birthday to do a little clean up on my stalls.
The senior mechanic was taking a 383 out of a 69 Barracuda and instead of dropping the exhaust at the end of the manifolds, he decided to leave the manifolds hooked up and just unbolt them from the engine.
However, when he got to the bolts on the #1 cylinder, I got the call.
They had raised the engine up a bit to better the access but they failed to realize that the farther you raise the engine, the harder it is to to turn the bolts in a tight space.
I asked them to raise the motor up just a bit so I could get my socket on the bolt before lowering it back down.
They dropped it down on my hand, trapping my left hand and smashing my ring finger from the knuckle closest to my hand all the way to the tip.
I screamed in pain and yelled at the winch guy to raise it up. He gave me that stupid look and said "what?". I threw my socket wrench at him and yelled the 2nd time. I missed him and hit a customer car in the next bay.

Ended up getting a while bunch of stitches --ever get stitches where your fingernail used to be and how much it hurts even when it has been totally numbed?
Needless to say I was on light duty for a while. Took about a year for it to get back to normal.

As I said, I know your pain.

My brother recently got his pinky caught in a printing press and it split it open like an overcooked hotdog. I had a picture of it on my Photobucket account but they deleted it because it was too gross!! Finger injuries suck!!

A friend of mine had a tree branch break out from under him & he went down head first. He put out both arms to try to break his fall & ended up breaking both of his wrists. It was the summer after 6th grade. He said he was REALLY glad it happened during the summer & not during school. "Mom..." :toothy10:

Half of a quart of "Hacienda Vieja", 4 vicodens, four shots of Jack, couple ice packs and we are good to go. :D

I just returned from the emergency room from getting 14 stitches in my little finger, from dropping my 8 3/4 3rd member on it.

It was pretty exciting for a while, since I was home alone and I am on two blood thinners. :D

I have never seen that much of my flesh, as the finger was flat from being cut down the length of it, on both sides.

So I am somewhat handicapped for a few days. I smashed the heck out of it!

I was putting my 3:23 gears back in, and taking the 3:73s out to sell. I dropped it off the jack putting it back together, only 1/2 hour from being done. :banghead:

Well the Mrs. is telling me to quit using my hand.

OucH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I bet it was a gusher on those blood thinners... I usually get hurt doing something stupid that I know better to try yet I try it anyway...

O U C H

14 stitches in your pinky is alot.......

You better watch the booze and pills, just saying.

At least you didn't lose the finger..I seen a guy with stubs on his hand from lawnmowers. Guys drink, don't shut off the mower and try to clean the clippings out so it bag better.

take it easy for a little while

That is a really tall order for me. It is fall, snow will be flying pretty soon. Lots of stuff to prepare for winter. Leaves are going to be flying.
I am 8 handicap with a standing Tee time on Sunday, and I am the anchor bowler on our bowling team with a 194 average.

I need my pinky dammit! :D

But you are right, I could use the break.

O U C H

14 stitches in your pinky is alot.......

Yeah, it was kind of funny. The doc said he only had to stich up the front side, and had 10 of them done. (I looked at the mrs. and smiled) as I had seen clear through it when it happened.) Then he said, OMg, I found some more that need to be done on the other side. :D

You better watch the booze and pills, just saying.

At least you didn't lose the finger..I seen a guy with stubs on his hand from lawnmowers. Guys drink, don't shut off the mower and try to clean the clippings out so it bag better.

Thanks, the Mrs. has been saying that all night. I don't know much about pills, but I am a Top Fuel drinker. :D

Just tonight chopped index and middle finger fingernails off with a hatchet,my five year old distracted me mid swing hurt like a sonofabitch!

-
Back