Just found you guys

-

Bill Crowell

Reaction score
Hello! My name is Bill Crowell, and I live near Placerville, California in the Sierra foothills. I have loved early A-bodies all my life. My first car was a "hospital green" '60 Valiant Suburban 170 CI slanter. It was such a great car that I always wanted to get another one, so a few years ago I did. I now has a pretty hot 360 CI V8 that I built, a 727, a positraction 8-3/4" differential and the disc/drum brakes off a Duster V8. It is really a blast to drive. I hope to get to know all of you better and learn more about early A-bodies through this forum.

Welcome aboard Bill. It sounds like you're having a lot of fun with your A body, and that's what this site is all about. And I might as well be the first to bug you about posting some pictures, because the other folks will. Enjoy!!

Wecome Bill,
If I said you're just in time because of a fence going up around this forum...
not to worry. We'll never reach that "Last Post" anyway. LOL
Share your knowledge, your questions, and your pictures. Have fun :)

welcome aboard bill. can you post pics? what is a valiant suburban? is that a wagon? sounds cool.

Welcome Bill !!
WE have allot of great tec's here and some good folks.
So jump on in and enjoy.

Yes, RedFast, a Suburban was a Valiant wagon. It was the only Valiant model besides the 4-door sedan that Chrysler made until the middle of the 1961 model year, when they added the 2-door sedan. (They had wanted to add the 2-door earlier, but Dodge demanded some of the compact car action, and the Lancer re-style absorbed all the tooling costs they had allocated until almost 2 years after the Valiant was introduced.) The Suburban was really a cool car. It even came in both 6 and 9-passenger seating, the latter with a rear-facing rear seat. They are pretty rare now. Here are some pictures of my '62 4-door sedan V8 conversion. I hope I wasn't supposed to post them somewhere else.
3-8-2004left.jpg
dweezil1.jpg
engine_bay.jpg

He he he, nice ride. Welcome aboard

-
Back