Just got the Dart header and exhaust done!

-

cdawglean

Reaction score
Dougs Headers, 2 1/2" Pipes, VR Single chamber mufflers.
Pics of the Headers is too big and won't load clearly after compressing.
Sounds great!!

SANY1120.JPG

SANY1121.JPG

SANY1133.JPG

sounds nice... what mufflers are you running? Also, does your car have power steering? Auto or manual trans? How was the fit and clearance of the headers???

Mufflers are made by Goerlichs and are single chamber.
Yes I have power steering and automatic tranny (904) The fit and clearance is amazing. You can def tell that Dougs knew what they were doing when designing these. The only thing I had to change was the starter which I knew ahead of time. I love that they dont drop too low like some other headers so I still have plenty of ground clearance.

sounds good, have you driven it yet? any drone on the freeway?

Havent driven it on the Interstate yet, just the short drive home from the muffler shop. Prob won't get a chance to get it out on the highway until I get back from Iraq in Sept.

which goerlichs are they, I like the sound!

Good to hear on the ft of the dougs... I'm trying to decide between them and TTIs for my 69 barracuda... (hope this doesn't start a war again... LOL) Sweet looking ride.. Oh, back from Iraq, assuming being deployed, thanks for serving!

which goerlichs are they, I like the sound!

Good to hear on the ft of the dougs... I'm trying to decide between them and TTIs for my 69 barracuda... (hope this doesn't start a war again... LOL) Sweet looking ride.. Oh, back from Iraq, assuming being deployed, thanks for serving!

they are VR 7426. With the fit from the Dougs I dont see any reason to pay more for the TTi's of course what do I know??? And I dont want to see another thread turn into that war as well.

Thanks for serving.
I'll be here with a mop incase of a thread TTi vs Dougs war. Your in one now, why have 2?

On the starter...you used a mini? instead of the stock unit?
Where did ya gettem and how much?

thanks

Thanks for serving.
I'll be here with a mop incase of a thread TTi vs Dougs war. Your in one now, why have 2?

thanks

I got the starter from O'reilly's it is a mini and fits a 92 Dodge Dakota. It was $74.99 with a $40 core. I had a stock starter in there before and was quite surprised on the difference in sizes.

Summit has them for $429 natural & $579 coated/ceramic/74 duster V8

Cool you got them installed and it's up and running.

Mini starter makes a world of difference for the ease of install. Clock it up through the tubes, wheels turned to the left, IIRC.

Good work.

can we get a picture from under the front ? i would like to see how close to the ground they are. thank you

Love to here it in Drive with your foot on the brake.Everyone uploads wit it in P??????????????????

Thanks for serving.

thanks

The stock starter is too big. I went to Autozone and bought a mini starter that fits a 92 Dakota. Think it cost me $60. Super tiny and it starts the car without the Chrysler starter wine.. Fits right in and without having to take off the headers once they are installed.

can we get a picture from under the front ? i would like to see how close to the ground they are. thank you

there was a picture floating around this board that had a side by side picture of the installed difference of the tti/dougs and a standard cheapy header. thought i saved it but can't find it anywhere.

Looks and sounds awesome, really nice job. You have convinced me to save some extra dough and go with the Dougs. thanks

Did you have to dent one of the tubes for it to clear the steering shaft? Thanks for serving. My middle son has been home from Iraq for 2 years now. Be careful and come home safe.

Did you have to dent one of the tubes for it to clear the steering shaft? Thanks for serving. My middle son has been home from Iraq for 2 years now. Be careful and come home safe.
No denting needed. The clearance is amazingly close! Dougs knows what they are doing just ask CrackedBack he is the resident expert on these headers and they were installed on his recommendation.

Looks like #7 tube is scratched from the steering column coupler. I removed my steering column to prevent that issue.

is anybody running sandersons? they make a nice looking set of shorties that are up my alley.

-
Back