K Member Quetion

-

timatoe

Reaction score
Hate to ask what's probably a silly question. I read on here something about different K members for different years. My '74 has a /6 and I've got two 318's sitting in the garage. There's a guy local that has some V8 K members WAY cheaper than I can buy the conversion mounts, but I wanna make sure I get the right one.

Can someone explain the differences for me? Also one of the 318's a guy pulled from his '70 Cuda and it's still got mounts physically attached to the motor if that makes any difference.

Also one more question, is there a difference in the trans mount for the stock 904 vs the 727? Also got the 727 from the same Cuda guy $125 for the package wasn't bad I suppose.

Thanks fellas.

The conversion mounts make life easy. I wouldn't change the K unless I planned to rebuild the entire front suspension.

k frames

62-66 --will not interchange with later years
67-- 1st year new design
68-72 pretty much all the same-- (biscuit mounts)
73-76 pretty much all the same-- (spool mounts)
67-76 will all fit the cars--- but swapping in has unique parts .

If you want to swap to a v-8 by switch "K" frames-- do some searching on installing the motor attached to "K" frame--- might be worth a look.
Lawrence

k frames

62-66 --will not interchange with later years
67-- 1st year new design
68-72 pretty much all the same-- (biscuit mounts)
73-76 pretty much all the same-- (spool mounts)
67-76 will all fit the cars--- but swapping in has unique parts .

If you want to swap to a v-8 by switch "K" frames-- do some searching on installing the motor attached to "K" frame--- might be worth a look.
Lawrence

The motor mounts weren't the only thing that changed. The stabilizer bar design changed in 73 also. Another member currently struggling with that mismatch.
This member already has the prefered K to avoid future headaches less the motor mount locations.

Thanks, I've seen that link before, but couldn't remember where.

The motor mounts weren't the only thing that changed. The stabilizer bar design changed in 73 also. Another member currently struggling with that mismatch.
This member already has the prefered K to avoid future headaches less the motor mount locations.

Are you refering to the one I already have? I'm leaning back toward the conversion mounts, because the listed price of the K's was $50 and up but he said the last three have been $100, so for a little more money and what looks to be a lot less work, I may just have to drop the coin.

Thanks for the help.

I'm not sure anyone addressed, your rear crossmember is fine

Biggest problem with the 67 K is the one year only idler arm --expensive and difficult to find. Personally, I don't see any REAL advantage to the spool mounts, but you already have 'em anyway.

I'm not sure anyone addressed, your rear crossmember is fine

Biggest problem with the 67 K is the one year only idler arm --expensive and difficult to find. Personally, I don't see any REAL advantage to the spool mounts, but you already have 'em anyway.

So the actual mount (rubber isolator thing) that's on the /6 can be mounted to the 318? The one 318 I've got has mounts on it, but they are the flat biscuit looking ones.

Sorry for so many newb questions, but I'm a newb at this.

No, the spool type mounts you need can be had as one piece for side, IE the metal bracket that bolts to the engine, with the rubber isolator "spool" installed. There's a left and right, and they are not expensive. You can get them at the parts stores. This does not apply to you, but the "parts stores" have "decided" to eliminate the proper part no for 360's and sell us 318 mounts, which must be bent or shimmed with spacers to work on a 360.

Mine from NAPA are

602-1516, and 602-1556

Alternate industry no's are 2325 and 2326

O'Really:

http://www.oreillyauto.com/site/c/s...ke=Plymouth&model=Duster&year=1974&vi=1232064

-
Back