Keep My Family in Your Thoughts.

-

ABodyBetty

Reaction score
My grandfather who is in his 90's has slowly been going down the hill over the years. The doctors won't do much for him because he can't survive any operations. He was transported to the hospital the other night because he couldn't breathe. Yesterday he took off his clothes and tore the I.V. out of his arm. Today they started a feeding tube and want to put him on a ventilator. He doesn't want it and told my sis that he was tired of the pain. The doctors said it won't be to much longer. Please keep my family in your thoughts especially for my grandmother. My grandfather is her life without him I don't know what she will do.

Prayers sent for you and your family. It's hard to watch something like that happen to a loved one.
The sad thing is he doesn't live close so I can't be there to help out. He has been suffering for years now. I know this is not the right thing to say but I wish he wasn't suffering anymore. My poor grandma is only five feet and my grandpa weighs over 200 pounds and she has been tending to all his needs and watching great grandchildren.

Treva and I send our prayers to you and your grand parents to ease the pain
My uncle Robert suffered to long and it really hurt to see him suffering.

Our thoughts and prayers sent to you and your family. This is a tough thing to go through as loved ones age.
May your grandfathers pain and suffering be eased and your grandmother be comforted.

Mary and I will call our angels for you and your family ABodyBetty. Not the best time of year for this. God Bless.

We are going threw the same thing my wifes grand pa had a stoke or chock on something they him and grandma has been in a rehab. center cause she had a small stoke this summer and was getting beter then he had that and was near death but came back and was real good sat up and ate stuff like that then 2 day agoing he seem to slip back to were he does not know anyone. at one point u don,t want to lose them but what life do they have suffering. hope the best that things will work out. god bless al

Very sorry to hear this ABodyBetty, but I do admire his spunk.

Your grandfather, grandmother and your family are in our thoughts & prayers.

Our prayers go out to you. We went through a similiar situation with both of my grandfathers. One suffered for years after a stroke and the other had many complications due to diabetes. It is so hard to watch sometimes. It is sometimes hard to let go, but it is a peaceful feeling knowing that he will soon be in his Father's arms. God Bless.

I pray that your Grandfather feels the peace of God, and that the calming presence of Jesus Christ give both him and your Grandma the strength to let go and let God. Prayers as well to those who stand on the sidelines; your FABO family stands with you. God Bless

well i hope your end came as fast ours my wifes grand pa pass away last night . his suffering is over now. al

Sending positive thoughts and prayers your way for your Granddad, Grandma, and your family.

Just an update. Did tests today because everything my grandpa eats or drinks goes straight to his lungs. They are feeding him through an I.V. They are asking my family to sign a DNR. Not sure what that is but he is just hanging in there. Thanks for all the prayers and support.

DNR is for Do Not Resucitate. Another words signing that document is saying if he goes in to cardiac arrest or stops breathing the medical staff will not try to revive him. This is the same as the idea of a "Living Will." It limits the amount of suffering a patient must endure if there is no hope of them recovering.

God Bless.

-
Back