Kevco Oil Pans

-

12many

Reaction score
Just received this in mere days of ordering.

These pictures are for anyone contemplating an aftermarket oil pan for the 360 who has never actually had a Kevco product in their hands or used one.

Having said that:

This is an M322 rear sump 360 pan with scraper, windage tray and oil control gate along with the pickup that bolts in place of the oil pump cover.

These are pictures from OOTB.

Very clean zinc plated finish, neat and tidy welding, nicely fabricated pickup etc. Flange not warped. No shipping damage (even though it was shipped just in their box which I was a little surprised by)
I “assume” this pan was built recently vs. being old stock or previous offerings and “assume” it would be a good representation of what to expect when considering one of their pans.

8C39DE4E-9DE3-449D-9069-3977C0B16609.jpeg

1D1EB885-F0F4-491E-ABFC-19B85F7A7970.jpeg

1C4604AE-B509-4ABD-B69F-930BA7EE96A8.jpeg

1CD620C3-EEE9-4AD0-B1E7-A92EE06F91B3.jpeg

4990D67E-14D2-48B0-8B6E-34C651E66213.jpeg

730BFDD2-19DC-4F3F-BEA3-5BBA61A41245.jpeg

611EE629-CC60-4A41-B5B5-1E155343670A.jpeg

C569D4D4-5ACB-4145-830B-C60CB3E75155.jpeg

F19592BD-E5F6-4BC0-8D84-3D38A220A5A6.jpeg

Last edited:
That oil pickup is badass. Hell, all of it is.

That oil pickup is
"designed to increase the volume into the pump, The M72 pump normally uses a restrictive 3/8" NPT inlet that reduced the inlet to under 1/2". Our solution was to plug the original inlet and introduce the oil from the bottom of the pump using a 3/4" tube with no restrictions"

Their words not mine! It sounds good on (oily) paper.:thumbsup:

Any issue with the drain plug clearing the k member during installation?

"designed to increase the volume into the pump, The M72 pump normally uses a restrictive 3/8" NPT inlet that reduced the inlet to under 1/2". Our solution was to plug the original inlet and introduce the oil from the bottom of the pump using a 3/4" tube with no restrictions"

Their words not mine! It sounds good on (oily) paper.:thumbsup:
I'm sure it is!

Good looking pan.
I take it that they are to ''go to'' for SBM.
Where is the best place to buy one?
I'm strongly thinking about buying one...

Liked mine, but the drain is outside the gated sump area. So it will drain VERY SLOWLY! I just installed another plug on the other side of the gate. Looks like they changed it though.

My experience with them was not positive.

I ordered one for my 340 (m301)and had it shipped to Canada. After the duty and extra charges for shipping I find out they shipped me one for a 360. (M302)

Called up and got a return, but I had to pay for return shipping and no chance for return on the duty payment.
I had to explain the difference between the 340 and 360 and the guy on phone did not believe me.

Finally get another pan and it's still the m302 and won't fit my 340. Again paid the duty etc and now I am pissed. Called back again extremely upset.

Their answer. Ship it back and we will send the m301. So again I paid for shipping and lost the duty charges.

The correct pan arrives and I pay the duty again. Install the pan and stuff engine into the engine bay. Damn thing leaks more than a screen door.

Now I threw the damn pan in the trash because I am done paying the duty and extra shipping. Would I recommend?

I would of been further ahead using a garbage bag as an oil pan.

Last edited:
I have put a kevko pan on my 410 and it fits my 410 Aussie charger fine. It just sits about an inch lower than my crossmember so I extended the lower part of my crossmember so if it bottomed out it would not hit my new pan. I have had it on now for about four years without any leaks!

These pictures are for anyone contemplating an aftermarket oil pan for the 360 who has never actually had a Kevco product in their hands or used one.

Having said that:

This is an M322 rear sump 360 pan with scraper, windage tray and oil control gate along with the pickup that bolts in place of the oil pump cover.

Very clean zinc plated finish, neat and tidy welding, nicely fabricated pickup etc. Flange not warped. No shipping damage (even though it was shipped just in their box which I was a little surprised by)
I “assume” this pan was built recently vs. being old stock or previous offerings and “assume” it would be a good representation of what to expect when considering one of their pans.

View attachment 1716083585

View attachment 1716083586

View attachment 1716083588

View attachment 1716083589

View attachment 1716083590

View attachment 1716083591

View attachment 1716083592

View attachment 1716083593

View attachment 1716083594

Too bad they didn’t make the pick up 1 inch. You can’t get the inlet side too big.

I likewise used the M302 pan and corresponding pickup on the avatar's 408 and found it neat and clean upon arrival. Because of this experience, when it was time for my 71 Demon's 340 pan, I used a Kevco #323 pan and pickup for it. Same experience - nice clean well-made part.

Having said that:

View attachment 1716083585

View attachment 1716083586

View attachment 1716083588

View attachment 1716083589

View attachment 1716083590

View attachment 1716083591

View attachment 1716083592

View attachment 1716083593

View attachment 1716083594
Good looking pan. Double check your oil pump pick up. A member on here that built a stroker 408 for his dakota said his plate was warped bad. Had to have the plate miled flat. Other than that he seemed to like it. I bought the same kevko pan as the one I was warning you about. Mine cake in with the right front corner bent up. Wasn't a big deal. I just used a block of wood and a Hammer to flatten the bent corner. I havent got to put my pan on yet. But so far it looks like a nice pan

I must say it's pretty refreshing to see something in the "you get what you pay for" column. lol

My builder has used a bunch of their pans. We're putting one on my small-block for Krusty. My old Hamburger pan is just too ungainly. Their products do seem to be pretty nice, and a good bang for the buck. This is my first semi-serious small-block, so everything is new to me.

Last edited:
My experience with them was not positive.

I ordered one for my 340 (m301)and had it shipped to Canada. After the duty and extra charges for shipping I find out they shipped me one for a 360. (M302)

Called up and got a return, but I had to pay for return shipping and no chance for return on the duty payment.
I had to explain the difference between the 340 and 360 and the guy on phone did not believe me.

Finally get another pan and it's still the m302 and won't fit my 340. Again paid the duty etc and now I am pissed. Called back again extremely upset.

Their answer. Ship it back and we will send the m301. So again I paid for shipping and lost the duty charges.

The correct pan arrives and I pay the duty again. Install the pan and stuff engine into the engine bay. Damn thing leaks more than a screen door.

Now I threw the damn pan in the trash because I am done paying the duty and extra shipping. Would I recommend?

I would of been further ahead using a garbage bag as an oil pan.
I had a problem with Kevco this week on a new M301 Pan
Nathan immediately contacted me with an hour of my E Mail
and promptly resolved my problem by sending to me immediately
a new pan and trusting me to send back the damaged one.

You could not ask for better customer service!
I will let you know about the performance improvement
when we test it on one of our Stock Eliminator cars or in
a Dyno test. I think we will see a quantifiable improvement
particularly on track and even some static improvement on
power.

Last edited:
-
Back