kinda disappointed in you guys

-
Jeez, don't you own a test lamp. I suggest you buy one it's not rocket science.

Exactly...

70aarcuda has the answer. It's got two circuits in play. A test light on the feed wire in run and start positions would have led you to the answer something was wrong.

wow.

I cold see giving the OP a bit of a hard time over posting no vehicle info - but that is not so rare anymore.

I can go find plenty of threads where people post questions about cars with no info. The displacement? need more than that. If your screen name is "Blown69HemiCuda", and you ask about a "Dart" - what year might that dart be?

I am on other forums, and see some of it there too. A question about the A/C in a 72 F250 - and 12 posts in it turns out the engine was swapped, and he compressor is off of a chebby. The "fan that is working" turns out to be an electric unit from a 4 cylinder Mustang about post 25. Several people wasted their time replying about a stock F250. And the OP gets pissed off that nobody knew what he had under the hood.

Then there are the misleading posts. I could ask about the "327 in my A body" several people would flame me for "puttin a chebby in mah mopar". When in fact it is just a .060 over 318 LA block. You still don't know if it is a 64 Valiant, or a 75 Swinger.

When asking questions in a tech forum, try to list the vehicle, mods, and what you have already tried as well. Nothing like typing a long post, only to get the reply - "already tried that".

If I had 100 bucks for every mis-wired Pertronix I have seen on a Mopar, I could go on vacation for a month.

B.

wow.

I cold see giving the OP a bit of a hard time over posting no vehicle info - but that is not so rare anymore.

I can go find plenty of threads where people post questions about cars with no info. The displacement? need more than that. If your screen name is "Blown69HemiCuda", and you ask about a "Dart" - what year might that dart be?

I am on other forums, and see some of it there too. A question about the A/C in a 72 F250 - and 12 posts in it turns out the engine was swapped, and he compressor is off of a chebby. The "fan that is working" turns out to be an electric unit from a 4 cylinder Mustang about post 25. Several people wasted their time replying about a stock F250. And the OP gets pissed off that nobody knew what he had under the hood.

Then there are the misleading posts. I could ask about the "327 in my A body" several people would flame me for "puttin a chebby in mah mopar". When in fact it is just a .060 over 318 LA block. You still don't know if it is a 64 Valiant, or a 75 Swinger.

When asking questions in a tech forum, try to list the vehicle, mods, and what you have already tried as well. Nothing like typing a long post, only to get the reply - "already tried that".

If I had 100 bucks for every mis-wired Pertronix I have seen on a Mopar, I could go on vacation for a month.

B.

I think he was disappointed he didn't get an immediate answer to his post. If 20 people look at the post in hopes of helping and can't they are going to move on. I could not have answered, as I don't know anything about MSD.

He did get 3 reply's in the thread but it took 4 1/2 hours, it wasn't instant.

The reason some are being a little testy is because he came on here with sarcasm toward the members. I have noticed that Friday and Saturday nights are slow for the most part as people are out doing things.

sounds like to much rocket sceince,but should be a wiring diagham on line at msd,but theres a lot of guys here will point ya in the right direction,there all good guys

what I dont get is people turning up the flame and complaining about the heat
you know what they say, "if you cant stand the heat get back in the kitchen"
it can get a lot hotter out here in the garage

It would be one thing if we were face to face and you asked a question and we totally ignored you but to get all bent out of shape because you didnt get an instant response from a web site is a little rediculous. We all use the web as a secondary tool and have lives outside of the comp , so chill out and see--you got what you asked for. Just to add my 2 cents here, I ran my MSD with the ballast hooked up when I first installed it, then bypassed it with no difference.

and I just looked at your original thread

http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?p=1491090#post1491090

You had two correct answers

Is all your wire basically factory? Like did you or anyone take out or change much of the wiring? You should be able to pull the proper power from the ballast input +12v wire. I understand you removed the ballast, but is the wires that are suppose to feed the ballast still there?

and............

where you ballast resistor was...there should be a blue and brown wire...connect the msd red wire to those two wires...

wow.

B.

This thread is not about vehicle info, its about him expecting an instant answer and saying he's disappointed in us for not giving him one in the time frame that he wanted. This isn't a 24hr tech hotline, its a forum. If someone is online with the answer to your question, you'll get an answer. If not it may take a day or two. He didn't even wait 24 hours before he was saying he was disappointed in us.
I'm not trying to give you any $h!t, just trying to clear things up, I think you misunderstood what most of us were irritated about.

Hellofadart has it right (live and let live) but trudysdart has to remember that all of the advice and help here is free. Most of us have jobs and sometimes time is at a premium. Anyway, I hope you get to bottom of your glich, Trudysdart. Jerry

High Energy Ignition.

Maybe the whole thread should be removed by a Mod.
We got to heckle him back a bit, and I'm sure he knows where it went wrong.

Whatta ya think guys and gals?
Delete the whole thread?

Whatta ya think guys and gals?
Delete the whole thread?[/QUOTE]

Hell ya, I vote for that.
Onehellofafart LOL hit the button!

Kenny

This thread is not about vehicle info, its about him expecting an instant answer and saying he's disappointed in us for not giving him one in the time frame that he wanted. This isn't a 24hr tech hotline, its a forum. If someone is online with the answer to your question, you'll get an answer. If not it may take a day or two. He didn't even wait 24 hours before he was saying he was disappointed in us.
I'm not trying to give you any $h!t, just trying to clear things up, I think you misunderstood what most of us were irritated about.

No, I understand what you are irritated about - I don't much like the whining about slow answers on forums either. I see it on other forums too, and it bothers me as well.

The lack of info in the original post caused me to click on by. I do a lot of electrical and refrigeration work, and am usually glad to help. I generally keep my Mitchell account up so I can pull up the wiring diagram (or other specs) in a heartbeat - if I can drill down through the make > year > model > engine menus in Mitchell. Without much data, I usually move on.

Check this thread:
http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?p=1492474&posted=1#post1492474
we are up to page two, still trying to find out if it has a carb or EFI. Must be top secret...

B.

No, I understand what you are irritated about - I don't much like the whining about slow answers on forums either. I see it on other forums too, and it bothers me as well.

The lack of info in the original post caused me to click on by. I do a lot of electrical and refrigeration work, and am usually glad to help. I generally keep my Mitchell account up so I can pull up the wiring diagram (or other specs) in a heartbeat - if I can drill down through the make > year > model > engine menus in Mitchell. Without much data, I usually move on.

Check this thread:
http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?p=1492474&posted=1#post1492474
we are up to page two, still trying to find out if it has a carb or EFI. Must be top secret...

B.

Yep, lack of info could get very irritating too :violent1:

Why did I just read this thread???

Must be like passing an accident on the highway .............. rubber necking to see what all the excitement is I guess.

Like 49 reply's back and not even a thank you from him.:wack:Looksssssss like he is ignoring us now lmao.

i always find that if after a couple of days with no answers send a pm with all the info to someone who seems to be in the know about what ever you are trying to do. usually the people on here are nice enough to help. but everyone else is right, you need to give answers time. one day is almost always not enough of said time either unless its something that everyone here has done like brakes.

-
Back