Kyle Busch - 128mph In A 45mph Zone

-
According to the North Carolina DMV handbook, a driver's license "will be revoked for at least 30 days" if a driver is convicted of driving any vehicle more than 15mph over the speed limit.

WOW!! I moved here in 2007 and I have to admit it..... I have had 5 speeding tickets. All of them dismissed. Four of em were in the Duster on I-95 and I was speeding but my speedometer was reading 70 -75 even though I was clocked at 84. I had wide tires on my car which caused my speedometer to read incorrectly. The other was in my work truck. All of these tickets I ended up getting out of. In fact the trooper who clocked me @84 MPH told me how to beat the ticket!!!! YEE HA!!

"Stock-car racing legend Richard Petty, while running for
North Carolina secretary of state, paid a $65 fine last September
for improperly bumping a car that wouldn't let him pass in the
left lane on Interstate 85. According to a state trooper, Petty
said if the driver got in front of him again, he was going to
knock his "rear end" off the road. Petty told a reporter, "Now
if it had been a NASCAR [racing] showdown, [the driver] would
have been over in the ditch somewhere."

In one state you can be charged with vehicular manslaughter for going that fast even though you never hit anyone.

Where is that road at???? I would love going that fast in a car made for it, i went (i think) 140 in my satellite but i was holding on for dear life.

Going to Las Vegas once, on I-10, for those who know, that curve out of the high desert down to the flat land, at about 8 in the evening, i was already down on the flat, about 10 miles from the city.

I look in my mirror and there are 3 sets of lights still on the hill. About 30 seconds later they are probably a couple miles behind me. I look again about a min later and they are coming up FAST.

It was a Ferarri, i think a F40 from the look of the wing on the back, a Laborghini, and some kind of bike. I was going 80, they past me like i was standing still, crazy fast.

OH, but the sound of that Ferarri at speed, i still get goose bumps when i think of it.

What a douchebag. He has the opportunity to drive 130 mph+ practically every weekend, he doesn't need to drive like that on the street especially in a 45mph zone. I think they should have taken his license but from what I understand, you do not have to have a valid drivers license to race in NASCAR.

Selfish. Very selfish. Speed kills, folks. It's one thing to do this on a highway, however if the speed limit was 45, there must be some sort of housing in the area. Going that fast, you have no reaction time. Basketball goes in the road, kid chases it, instant death.

This goes a long with the people that think it is o.k. to drink and drive. They only think about themselves, not others. Public roads are PUBLIC. They are not YOURS, they our OURS. I'm a park ranger, and do a lot of speed enforcement in my area. It amazes me the attitudes of people I interact with at times. No respect for others.

According to the North Carolina DMV handbook, a driver's license "will be revoked for at least 30 days" if a driver is convicted of driving any vehicle more than 15mph over the speed limit.

WOW!! I moved here in 2007 and I have to admit it..... I have had 5 speeding tickets. All of them dismissed. Four of em were in the Duster on I-95 and I was speeding but my speedometer was reading 70 -75 even though I was clocked at 84. I had wide tires on my car which caused my speedometer to read incorrectly. The other was in my work truck. All of these tickets I ended up getting out of. In fact the trooper who clocked me @84 MPH told me how to beat the ticket!!!! YEE HA!!

Dustermaniac...could you please explain to us how Wide tires make your speedo read wrong???
Taller, yes, but this is a new one on me.
Just wondering.

Wider tires was the wrong explanation. You're right, taller tires. Actually the Trooper who pulled me over told me to get my speedometer calibrated and give the lawyer the receipt and he could use it in court to get the ticket dismissed. That's what I did.

Not condoning his actions, but I would be curious to know what the footage that the LFA could go from 130 down to zero VS. what a non abs drum braked a body from 60 to zero does it in??

You know the NFL has been getting really tough on players being stupid in public, I would love to see Nascar set him down for a month or two, or better lifelong suspension!

At 128 mph on a public road, it really doesn't matter where you are, if someone or something steps out in front of you, you see it, and hit it almost simultaneously.
That's more than 2 miles a minute or about 90 feet per second (a football field every 3 seconds). If a person, or even an animal were to enter the roadway one of you would die.

There is no such thing as a safe place to race on a public road. It's a fallacy that someone created to justify their need to break the law.

That's just shear stupidity.

Kudos to him for owning up to it, though. That doesn't excuse anything, it just eliminates much of the BS that would accompany the story if he attempted to justify it, or make an excuse for his stupid behavior.

LFA LEXUS!!!! state of the art Supercar-128 mph in a car like this is probably 3 rd gear,just getting going!!
I do not know were exactly he was doing this but ? was it the smartest thing to do? ,probably not, in a car like that though us gearheads would be a little temped to push it also-I Know I would.
I 'm surely not a fan a Busch but I sure like that LFA!!
Just My 2cents

This is funny...... Lots of folks on here have a car that are quick, fast or VERY quick and fast. And most have taken there car up in the 3 digit area,,, on the street. And Most as have I, have been in a area where it was open and straight, with no chance to harm anyone but myself. AND as most of the rural roads are around here are... the speed limit is 45 mph. I have taken the boys two wheel rockets up to 120 and back down in less than a 1/2 mile .... I sure they can do it faster, I'm a chicken.
If this SUPER car he was in, is all that super, he could have taken it up to 128 in a matter of seconds and back down in less time. I would like to see where this took place and how long he was driving at that speed before I called him out on it. Because I would be just as guilty.

This is funny...... Lots of folks on here have a car that are quick, fast or VERY quick and fast. And most have taken there car up in the 3 digit area,,, on the street. And Most as have I, have been in a area where it was open and straight, with no chance to harm anyone but myself. AND as most of the rural roads are around here are... the speed limit is 45 mph. I have taken the boys two wheel rockets up to 120 and back down in less than a 1/2 mile .... I sure they can do it faster, I'm a chicken.
If this SUPER car he was in, is all that super, he could have taken it up to 128 in a matter of seconds and back down in less time. I would like to see where this took place and how long he was driving at that speed before I called him out on it. Because I would be just as guilty.

Yes.. Yes you would...Because you'd be guilty of all the traffic infractions the Bush was cited for!

800px-Desert_road_UAE.JPG
I pegged the speedo in my SRT-8 Magnum on a road like this in Nevada. Car was a stable as could be. Wonderful machine. Life sure has more meaning at 175mph. I agree with everyone who say kyle is a putz.

If he wanted to drive it that fast he should have taken it to the track. I say put him in jail. If it were you or I we would have been there and would loose our licence for a long time.

-
Back