LA 360 drop in roller lifters

-
Hola. Currently in process of doing having some port work done on my speedmaster heads. I have been running a hydraulic flat tappet up until now. Have decided to bite the bullet and run a roller cam. Just looking for some recommendations for the guys who have been here. Leaning towards the solid side of the house. The pic is just to give you something to look atView attachment 1715724892
My next set of rollers will be Crane Ultra pro lifters.
Remember one thing "you get what you pay for".
What are the cam spec's and springs are you going to use?

Yes, but I would want pressurized oil to the axle bushing. So there has to be some oil band/port.

My no longer available morells have the same band as their "made for Hughes" hyd version .Theres an oil hole in the band that squirts above the roller. That sucker is enclosed around the wheel and fills up 'showering' out around the wheel and easily makes it into the needle bearings inside. Everything, of course, has a lifespan and a designed application... get the ones that fit yours if those don't.
Also...
Investigate the passed on failure stories,it's important. Many were built to fail by using the wrong mating parts.. Wrong springs, wrong lifters or wrong application. You can find a way to break about anything if you set it up to be the weak link. Balance is key in putting your own parts package together.

Have not decided on the exact specs of the cam yet. Waiting to see what will my compliment my Speedmaster heads after porting. My brain tells me somethin around .600 lift and 240ish at .050, we shall see.

Have not decided on the exact specs of the cam yet. Waiting to see what will my compliment my Speedmaster heads after porting. My brain tells me somethin around .600 lift and 240ish at .050, we shall see.
Remind me application will be street and/or strip?

I found it was less bolts to replace with a Magnum, so I got nuthin.

Howards .750 wheel just under $400 at Summit ( cheapest ) I found
Machined and assembled in US !

20210420_190759.jpg

20210420_190820.jpg

We're a BAM dealer...just fyi
Do these BAM solid roller lifters require any grinding to clear the link bar rivet?
Any chance of posting a picture of the cylinder side of the lifter? All pictures I found are showing the side toward the center of the engine.
Thanks for posting your experience here when you can.

Do these BAM solid roller lifters require any grinding to clear the link bar rivet?
Any chance of posting a picture of the cylinder side of the lifter? All pictures I found are showing the side toward the center of the engine.
Thanks for posting your experience here when you can.

Nope.

I did not say it's impossible, just more than I would want for the street.
OP must be planning on a really good set of heads
I never said you said it was impossible.
I’m just saying, for me and my taste...
“NAAAAAAA!!!!!
Sounds about right!”

My 2 current upcoming engines are slightly more mello. A SFT cam of 238* @.050 - .595/.602 lift and a HFT 241/247 - .546/.546. I have on deck a Lunati solid roller @ 249*\255* @050, .585/.600 w/1.5 rockers, but I’ll be using 1.6 rockers.

All street driven a/dual plane intake engines.

RRR,
When I ordered the Comp lifters [ post #3 ], they were the ONLY Comp lifters that Summit listed that were bushed, others were needle brg, $914. They also have oiling provision to the bush/axle via the oil band location. You can check & see if Comp offer a 0.700" wheel, I have other things to do with my time.

In reality 240's @.050 is probably to aggressive for what I honestly need.

In reality 240's @.050 is probably to aggressive for what I honestly need.

Normally I joke and say you just don’t have enough converter and gear... LOL

Get the cam you need!
Sell or store the one you have.

Also my 340 being a 416 now tames a big cam.
It makes more torque to start with, the loss isn't gonna be noticeable.
Lol People forget the simple sometimes.
I used to wonder about that when I read in the magazines ..."Strokers can use a bigger cam ".. "strokers eat up 6-10 degrees of cam duration "
Yeah.
I wouldnt put less than around [email protected] in any 400 cid sb. The bottom end is more than enough for a light car:thumbsup:

I’m running a 246/250 @.050 Cam Motion solid roller on the street. Thou limited use.

I'm running something similar in my 416. It was supposed to be a hot street cam for my 360 and I kept it when I decided to upgrade.

IMG_20200203_083835.jpg

I believe the comp 8043 lifters will drop right into all standard blocks. Some other lifters may require alitle grinding for clearance behind the linkbarrivets.

-
Back