LA 360 drop in roller lifters

-
Have you ever recorded the cranking cylinder pressure with this cam?
Sorry for the hijack.

I haven't, but i was talking with someone else recently who asked me the same question. I can try and do it this weekend and post the info.

Edit: little extra info, I installed it at 110 vs the 106 on the card, felt like I was coming close to pump gas limits with the calculated 9:1 dynamic compression.

pushrods shorter?

With rollers, always.
410cid solid roller sb, j heads- 6.40" push rods ball/ cup style.

Pay attention the the shaft style, there are a few different oil hole locations to accommodate different rocker designs.
Aluminum roller bearing will use a different oil hole locations...mainly check the adjuster is getting oil...more times than not it isn't and you can tell by your pushrods turning blue at the tops..-heat/friction. Oil through push rods can cure that but create a system leak, with every cycle of the lash is a momentary free flow of oil. I'd like the shaft/rocker to take care of that and preferably NOT have an oil through push rod...so there need to be some fiddling of the adjuster to make sure the pil fed to it...can get by it and drip the adjuster or get the shaft feed plotted correctly to provide the squirt at rest before each lift.

Last edited:
240-ish & .600?

NAAAAAAA!!!!!
Sounds about right!
That’s what I say! This one went into my 422. 10.6-1 static. 4 speed car with 3.91s. Should make some grunt.

AA29C8DE-F6C2-4C56-B202-1BAA8E0466BE.jpeg

I lost track of your 422 build, is it running now?
Sadly no, I ran into a snag assembling the W2s. B3 Mike is getting them sorted out for me.

Getting back to OP topic.... I think spring pressures and intended use will dictate the necessity for a larger wheel. It’s something you’ll have to be honest with yourself about and weigh all the variables before laying down the coin. I don’t know about anyone else, but I’m not dropping $1K on a set of lifters for a street car running around with 180/480 springs. YMMV.

I never said you said it was impossible.
I’m just saying, for me and my taste...
“NAAAAAAA!!!!!
Sounds about right!”

My 2 current upcoming engines are slightly more mello. A SFT cam of 238* @.050 - .595/.602 lift and a HFT 241/247 - .546/.546. I have on deck a Lunati solid roller @ 249*\255* @050, .585/.600 w/1.5 rockers, but I’ll be using 1.6 rockers.

All street driven a/dual plane intake engines.
Why is that cam smaller than the one you recommended for me? I know, the heads, always the heads. You'll have more time when you retire. Paul.

Why is that cam smaller than the one you recommended for me? I know, the heads, always the heads. You'll have more time when you retire. Paul.
That was the second (?) cam I recommended to you but then you started changing the parameters of the build. Gear ratio 3 times for starters.

I went back over the PM’s and the cam above is 1 down from the first recommendation and it is the one you ordered. You have the same cam as I do.

Last edited:
Just so all know, Rumblefish was right. I changed parameter THREE times, and he helped me with all my questions. I PM'd him and tried to make it right. I'm going to a nephew's wedding in late June, and I hope to meet him and buy him a beer.

It’s all good my man, no worries.
See you in June!

What transmission and gear?
If its AT & 3.23 or 3.55, yep... 230 would be closer
Seems this has turned into a cam thread.. Again have not decided on how rowdy of a cam ill run yet. The heads are out getting some professional love. Little about my combo. 4 door valiant with some minor weight reduction, approx 3300 with me. 904, 9.5 PTC converter, 3:73 gears with 26" tall tires. Would like to keep my shift points under 7k.

Seems this has turned into a cam thread.. Again have not decided on how rowdy of a cam ill run yet. The heads are out getting some professional love. Little about my combo. 4 door valiant with some minor weight reduction, approx 3300 with me. 904, 9.5 PTC converter, 3:73 gears with 26" tall tires. Would like to keep my shift points under 7k.
Estimated stall 3500 or 4000?
Sounds like you could use [email protected] :D

Shift points under 7K?
That’s not a problem. I do realize you may be looking at cam catalogs that list the lower hand of the cams with some zinging above 6500 into 7K plus area. While there is truth to that, consider these guide lines of what is possible but not exacting.

A lot of this depends on the rest of the engine. Bore vs stroke, cylinder head performance, valve spring performance, induction & exhaust. You can install a big cam but only have power to 6K. Even though the listing for that cam says power to 7500.

Thanks again Rumble. I've gone for the Lunatti 733 and the matching soled roller lifters. Back ordered, as are the TF190's. I'll upgrade my TC to a 3500 unit, and upgrade my rear to a 3.73-3.91 suregrip. I went with the Mahle pistons for about 9.3:-1 compression. I don't mean to hijack the thread, just paying homage to Rob.

Thanks again Rumble. I've gone for the Lunatti 733 and the matching soled roller lifters. Back ordered, as are the TF190's. I'll upgrade my TC to a 3500 unit, and upgrade my rear to a 3.73-3.91 suregrip. I went with the Mahle pistons for about 9.3:-1 compression. I don't mean to hijack the thread, just paying homage to Rob.
nice , i used those mahle pistons on my 340 , you made a good choice , light and strong

Have you ever recorded the cranking cylinder pressure with this cam?
Sorry for the hijack.

Had a head cold the last few days, finally had a chance to tonight.

200psi cranking w/ the cam @ 110 installed.

Had a head cold the last few days, finally had a chance to tonight.

200psi cranking w/ the cam @ 110 installed.
200 psi Boy Howdy that is getting right with it.
I think I have your cold - thanks.

-
Back