LA - Cast cranks ( Dont throw away )

-
972DE310-ABF5-4E96-9CE6-1DC9A7E99437.jpeg
9D06CC79-69B9-4734-97ED-74682E4610BC.jpeg
50F385ED-FE26-481D-AF89-232B0A989110.jpeg
My son and I love the stock 360 cranks.

So, pitsburghracer, in addressing you on the forum can we shorten that to PBR.... like Pabst Blue Ribbon? Or are you Yuengling man? LOL

So, pitsburghracer, in addressing you on the forum can we shorten that to PBR.... like Pabst Blue Ribbon? Or are you Yuengling man? LOL

Works for me. Heck what do I know as I’m a diet dew and vodka or apple pie moonshine drinker. Lol. Crack the lid and pass the bottle around the campfire at the race track. Life is good

Works for me. Heck what do I know as I’m a diet dew and vodka or apple pie moonshine drinker. Lol. Crack the lid and pass the bottle around the campfire at the race track. Life is good
Oh yea sounds good 4 more years and leaving Atlanta and heading to a UN safe zone
Franklin NC
We have a house up there and love it can walk to Appalachian trails from house.

Been sayin for years that steel cranks are all but for bench racin maybe except for the most radical of builds. Nobody listens.

I have a virgin 318 from 1968 in my garage waiting for me to build.
I tossed out the crank....to force myself to buy a stroker kit!

Jeff

maybe only bad thing is you can't weld up a cast crank. But at a dime a dozen, why spend the money weldin'? I got a cast 360 that was turned down to 340 mains. Darn flange chipped off between 2 holes but I may get it brazed. Put that in a lo=po 318 and run a thick head gasket and open heads....uber cheap 392 stroker.

I run a 318 cast crank to 13 lbs of boost. Roughly 450 ft. Lbs. Torque.

A guy in Denver ran an oem 360 bottom end to 16 lbs boost til failure. He just bent the rods.

Well they cant be to popular, I had a stock 360 crank on here free to good home, No interest couldn't give it away. Still have it, going to the scrap yard soon.

If guys would stop playing around with 318’s and build more 360’s there would be a lot more better running Mopars at the track.

How do you figure?

Because I'm lucky enough to race at tracks with LOTS of Mopars and the 360's are so easy to get running in the low to mid 10's and I watch the 318 cars struggle often lucky to run 12's or 13's. And they both cost the same to build.

-
Back