Last Drive?

-
lol you back east guys are so strange... why live somewhere where you cant take your car out any day of the week... in the summer its hot here but we still go out, in fact its a very nice 75 most days now.

I'm very close to a "last drive." The chrome is falling off the "Black Menace" my neighbor is going to paint it. Just got back from an estimate at a body blasting shop.

lol you back east guys are so strange... why live somewhere where you cant take your car out any day of the week... in the summer its hot here but we still go out, in fact its a very nice 75 most days now.
I drive mine year round Ed. I aint no sissy.

Nice day for a fall drive

i had my last drive in my dart over a month ago. destroyed a set of very expensive tires. now she has to sit till i can afford a new set.

3e900a72-7115-4980-af4b-66d7fe66a01f_zpsa776ab5d.jpg

I drive mine year round Ed. I aint no sissy.
I hear you guys. There are advantages to the great white north as well though too. The downtime is great for completing projects and the first time out in the spring is like Christmas.

Its not about the hot or cold, its about everything else that happens in the northeast this time of year. Deer start moving because its getting close to breeding season, they get stupid, only have one thing on the mind and its not the car coming down the road I can tell you that.. They also start putting salt/calcium brine on the roads for snow and ice control. Most cars around here are lucky if brake lines last 10 years, I don't want that garbage under my Mopar. I would rather park for the winter and wait till spring in this area.

Well, I'm happy for those of you who are happy with winter storage/projects. Texas is getting a little too crowded for me anyway. To quote my distant (non) relative Davey Crockett: "If I step out of my cabin and see smoke from my neighbor's place, I know it's time to move on."

BC

Just drive it until the first snowfall, and if you can take it out for a little spin during the first snowfall before they salt the roads even better :burnout:

Just drive it until the first snowfall, and if you can take it out for a little spin during the first snowfall before they salt the roads even better :burnout:

They salt the roads wayyy before first snowfall here. It's usually around the hint of first frost.

Welcome to the north east

6 months of cold, snow, sleet and car-devouring chemicals on the road
3 months of non stop rain
3 months of halfway decent days to drive in (when it's not pouring)

This picture was taken in the beginning of October 2011

Late December 2009/Early January 2010

2009/2010 picture was the night we got hammered with 4' of snow in a couple hours. I literally had to dig to find my truck, it had snow up to the hood and I had to shovel off the hood & bed so I could even see from inside the truck

September 2010... just a tiny little bit of rain.

They're all "Last Drive" pictures.

The picture of my '74 was taken shortly before it's final drive into the shop, where I tore it down and started the 6-71 Blown 340 Project.

The picture of my Red & Black D50 was taken shortly before it was finally retired (the original 2.6L engine finally died after 275,000+ miles of use as a daily driver & plow truck the following month)

The picture of my Black & Silver '84 D50 was taken shortly before the 2.5L Intercooled Turbo Diesel died (and then was converted to a Small Block)

whatever....115* for how many months? temperature finally drops and the sky turns yellow from living in a bowl....not to mention population, which is way to dense to begin with gets even worse with a ll the old farts showing up.....more to life than these old clunkers.....

A half inch of snow and a little freezing drizzle, and Austin, Texas is snowbound! BC

Attachments

• PICT0003.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 188
I'll take winter in exchange for living in a state with the 48th population density

whatever....115* for how many months? temperature finally drops and the sky turns yellow from living in a bowl....not to mention population, which is way to dense to begin with gets even worse with a ll the old farts showing up.....more to life than these old clunkers.....

maybe two, and if your in town it does, but not out here in County where i am. That said i would never move back to CA, anywhere in CA... i may move farther north (payson) later on in life but i like it here

Late December 2009/Early January 2010

2009/2010 picture was the night we got hammered with 4' of snow in a couple hours. I literally had to dig to find my truck, it had snow up to the hood and I had to shovel off the hood & bed so I could even see from inside the truck

I remember that one, we got about 2 1/2 feet out of that storm but if I remember correctly it was about 60* on new years eve.
View attachment 100_0042.jpg

We have one last cruise night on Oct 26th and it's a Halloween themed one, and then we are done for the year. I'm actually looking forward to my last drive of the season because that means I can start tearing out my old worn out engine to make room for the stroker I've been building! Gonna spend many nights this winter out in the garage either working on the engine bay or drinking beer and dreaming of summer burn outs!

I just took mine off the road for the year. At least as my nicer day daily driver but may break it out if there are nice weekend days before they start throwing salt. I then wait until a couple good rains after they stop throwing salt to bring it back out. I don't mind as I love winter. I like playing with my plow truck and snowblower and watching hockey. Go wings. I am hoping this year is the year I finally get my shop heated for the winter.

-
Back