Last one to post in this thread wins!

-
There is a guy in Toronto that owns a BBQ restaurant that defied the lockdown orders. The cops and media were there a couple of times. He's just been handed a 187000 dollar fine for the costs of police and fire to be there. Looks good on him.
I am not sure how it works there but in Michigan the orders to close did not include financial help but allowed the business` to apply for loans only. I dont know how long you can go without any income but for me it would not be long and I would open as he did to survive. We have lost over 3,000 restaurants forever here in Michigan during this and untold foreclosures on their homes because they lost income to still pay bills with.

I am not sure how it works there but in Michigan the orders to close did not include financial help but allowed the business` to apply for loans only. I dont know how long you can go without any income but for me it would not be long and I would open as he did to survive. We have lost over 3,000 restaurants forever here in Michigan during this and untold foreclosures on their homes because they lost income to still pay bills with.
There is some financial help but also help for the unemployed but not called E.I. Yeah it's created a lot of debt but you have to decide death or debt. I know what one I'd choose. We're slowly opening back up in most areas. Problem being that the people still in the restricted zones are still coming to our areas now to shop and go out for meals. They are restricted for a reason and that is because their numbers are still high. That's just bringing the chance of spreading the virus back out to us again. Can't get it through their thick skulls.

There is some financial help but also help for the unemployed but not called E.I. Yeah it's created a lot of debt but you have to decide death or debt. I know what one I'd choose. We're slowly opening back up in most areas. Problem being that the people still in the restricted zones are still coming to our areas now to shop and go out for meals. They are restricted for a reason and that is because their numbers are still high. That's just bringing the chance of spreading the virus back out to us again. Can't get it through their thick skulls.
As far as I know everything is open here and numbers are down but not very populated here.

There is a guy in Toronto that owns a BBQ restaurant that defied the lockdown orders. The cops and media were there a couple of times. He's just been handed a 187000 dollar fine for the costs of police and fire to be there. Looks good on him.

good on him

this lady is local to me (and when i say local, i mean she escaped communist poland in the 80 and now lives down the road from me)

Marlena's Fight for Freedom (rumble.com)

Marlena's Fight for Freedom - Rumble

Good people in Poland had a family from there live with me till we got them settled in a home and a job. Haven't seen them since 1987 I think.
dont know why they got a bad rep here, in my experience, they are some of the hardest working people around

dont know why they got a bad rep here, in my experience, they are some of the hardest working people around
Sure had good kids the family that stayed with me. 3 kids 2 girls and one boy 10 ,7 and 3 I think. The mom and girls pretty much took over cleaning and cooking and dad went to work with me learning a trade. Couldn't speak English and we didn't speak Polish but we got things figured out real fast.
I remember taking them to a big shopping center the first time and they cried. Couldn't believe how much food and things we had in the States. Sure miss them I know there names but don't know how to find them.

You get all pissed of at a restaurant owner , but say nothing about the idiot who let all the foreigners land at the airport with no test or quarantine . By the time his stupid *** did any thing it was to late ! That is all I have to say , I'm out a here !

Sooo your saying he stayed open what about the people who attended the restaurant did they get a fine also , are the cops fining people in the warming centres or the needle exchanges were all doomed .....

Rules are rules and ya got to pay the pipper when you break them.
How's the kids doing Mark, your son doing any hunting?
I get that but the churches are still holding service and there not getting fined . There’s too many grey areas ,that’s the prolbem what’s good for Peter ain’t good for Paul frustrating.

**** now I’m all fired up and haven’t even watched the news :lol:

Because people are ignorant. To a fault I give everyone a chance to prove themselves and regardless of of my offhand comments at times I realy do like people of all kinds ,wouldn’t the world be a boring place if we were all the same .

I get that but the churches are still holding service and there not getting fined . There’s too many grey areas ,that’s the prolbem what’s good for Peter ain’t good for Paul frustrating.

you can not fine churches because the government has no authority over churches
that is why churches are non-taxable (not tax exempt, which would imply that the church exist by the grace of the government)

our founding father understood that

Because people are ignorant. To a fault I give everyone a chance to prove themselves and regardless of of my offhand comments at times I realy do like people of all kinds ,wouldn’t the world be a boring place if we were all the same .

boring, maybe, but can you imagine now smooth this place would run if everyone was as effecient and smart like me?

danny-tanner.gif

you can not fine churches because the government has no authority over churches
that is why churches are non-taxable (not tax exempt, which would imply that the church exist by the grace of the government)

our founding father understood that

boring, maybe, but can you imagine now smooth this place would run if everyone was as effecient and smart like me?

View attachment 1715695926
Should be same rules for everyone is all I’m saying regardless if it’s a church or bbq joint.

Well off to pay the man or the New world order which ever you prefer :BangHead:

Should be same rules for everyone is all I’m saying regardless if it’s a church or bbq joint.

that would only make sense if the same person had authority over both
that would be like me making the rules in my house and yours

i will go on the record as to say that all these mask mandates, local shut downs, and restrictions on restaurants are in violation of the constitution

that would only make sense if the same person had authority over both
that would be like me making the rules in my house and yours

i will go on the record as to say that all these mask mandates, local shut downs, and restrictions on restaurants are in violation of the constitution
I would agree with you, I don't know what anyone expects to solve by forcing people to wear a mask, or to close their business. It has been pointed out numerous times that the large stores are still open, as near normal, yet the little guys are being put into bankruptcy. Same thing for restaurants, my wife and I went out for dinner on Saturday to one of our favorite pubs in the neighborhood, they were allowed to re open last week, again, but how many times do the owners and staff have to go through this process? Eventually they will be unable to make a living and permanently close. I am sure beginning to believe that this whole thing is nothing more than a scam to force people into compliance. I applaud the business owners who have made a stand for their rights, we all should do the same.

You get all pissed of at a restaurant owner , but say nothing about the idiot who let all the foreigners land at the airport with no test or quarantine . By the time his stupid *** did any thing it was to late ! That is all I have to say , I'm out a here !
And the same idiot continues to do nothing but attempt to make everyone fearful and paranoid. All while lining the pockets of himself and his cronies.

I would agree with you, I don't know what anyone expects to solve by forcing people to wear a mask, or to close their business. It has been pointed out numerous times that the large stores are still open, as near normal, yet the little guys are being put into bankruptcy. Same thing for restaurants, my wife and I went out for dinner on Saturday to one of our favorite pubs in the neighborhood, they were allowed to re open last week, again, but how many times do the owners and staff have to go through this process? Eventually they will be unable to make a living and permanently close. I am sure beginning to believe that this whole thing is nothing more than a scam to force people into compliance. I applaud the business owners who have made a stand for their rights, we all should do the same.

exactly
we are all adults here
give us the data (real data, not the junk fuacy keeps spouting) and let us decide for ourselves

Sorry but given the choice of losing my business and home possibly even family I would take the chance of possible death over being closed. It is easy for people to say stay closed stay safe as long as they still have income.

-
Back