Last one to post in this thread wins!

-
my casket.

IMG_20210926_134733333_HDR.jpg

Not so one of my boys will be driving the dart and one will be driving the A. Will is written so that both boys get both cars. They will have to decide themselves or share, not choosing
My wife and I are struggling with a will. We have no children together.

Well nephews, nieces, who ever or the government will get what ever you have. At least in this country
Same here

I think my neigbour is making me her beneficiary, simply to make sure nothing ends up in probate court

Not so one of my boys will be driving the dart and one will be driving the A. Will is written so that both boys get both cars. They will have to decide themselves or share, not choosing
I have 6 boys and 2 girls and hard to figure out what.

Don't think when were gone it will matter to us, it's all about before were gone and I plan on giving everything I have to my kids before I'm gone. Trying to cheat the tax opressores of what I already paid taxes on is my goal before I'm dead and watching my kids enjoy what I leave them is more a blessing to me than when I'm 6 feet under and the only thing on my mind at that point is pushing up Daisies.

Don't think when were gone it will matter to us, it's all about before were gone and I plan on giving everything I have to my kids before I'm gone. Trying to cheat the tax opressores of what I already paid taxes on is my goal before I'm dead and watching my kids enjoy what I leave them is more a blessing to me than when I'm 6 feet under and the only thing on my mind at that point is pushing up Daisies.
My wife and I have talked about leaving it to charity but family comes first. I suppose some could go to charity. Just need to talk to a lawyer and get it done.

My wife and I have no children either, she does have a son from her first marriage, but she has not heard from him in at least 5 years. We have decided to leave everything to the local SPCA, since we are both lifetime dog lovers.

My wife and I have no children either, she does have a son from her first marriage, but she has not heard from him in at least 5 years. We have decided to leave everything to the local SPCA, since we are both lifetime dog lovers.
We're doing something similar.
I have 2 kids, but neither has any interest in any of my cars/"stuff". So as a stipulation of the will, all of my hobby belongings (cars, parts, tools) need to be liquidated (no dumpsters) to local car clubs, rebuilders, etc.- all named and with contact info) before they can get their hands on any of the property inheritance. Proceeds from the automotive end goes to two local animal rescues.

My parents have helped my sister get back on her feet a few times, almost like the prodigal son, by giving her what amounts to a head start on her inheritance

So they got it written in thier will that I will get the same amount off the top, and then it will all get divided in half

My parents have helped my sister get back on her feet a few times, almost like the prodigal son, by giving her what amounts to a head start on her inheritance

So they got it written in thier will that I will get the same amount off the top, and then it will all get divided in half
My parents paid a **** ton into one of my sisters college run. They kicked down a little to offset that. Pretty sure I drank and smoked all of that.

My parents left me nothing and I don't care I learned a lot from my dad and knowledge is worth more than gold.

My parents paid a **** ton into one of my sisters college run. They kicked down a little to offset that. Pretty sure I drank and smoked all of that.
This was in more tangible assets then a college loan (which the government would have paid for mine if I would have finished it)

my parents live in an old farm house
huge brick building

back in those days, one part of the building was living quarters, the rest was life stock
the living qaurter is basicaly a 4 bedroom 2 bath house

i dont even know how large the lifestock area was (which my dad used as garage/pole barn)

when one of my sisters relationships ended she move back home

My parent parcelled off a section of the lot, including the front part of the life stock area and my sister build her own 4 bedroom home in it

The put a dividing wall in the middle so my dad only has what amounts to a 6 stall garage and my sister has about enough room for 2

My parents gifted her the land, and the building and even though i couldnt care less (shes my sister, i dont envy her one bit) my parents are the kind of people who want everything to be "fair" so they added the clause to thier will ststing im supose to get the equivalent first

My parents left me nothing and I don't care I learned a lot from my dad and knowledge is worth more than gold.
True words, and I'll tell you right now, even if they were to leave me a billion dollars, I'd rather have them

And I'm in no way looking forward to this inheritance, it simply came up in conversation so I put in my 2 cents

Holy crap where did this week go? Just been a total flash.
Hope it's the start of a great weekend for everyone.
More running around today, my head is spinning.

Same here I have worked for everything I have. My brother got everything and has nearly lost it all. When you make it yourself you respect it more. I did however get quite a bit of knowledge from dad and mom both.

-
Back