leaf spring location after moving inboard

-

dartkid68

Reaction score
ok guys so i moved my leaf springs inboard to the rails im sending my rear end out to get shorten what is the measurement for the leaf spring perches? like whats the distances after relocation

If you measure from the outside of one to the inside of the other that should be your center to center dimension.

i just need the measurement from center of mount to the other center mount (leaf spring perches)

as mguner said, measure your spings in the car from inside of one to the outside of the other. it all depends on how far they were moved in could be anything from 2-3"ish per side. every car is different.

also the pinion angle should be checked and adjusted when those are installed.
other wise shims could be needed to get the correct angle.

i dont have the leaf springs yet, sense the leaf springs are directly under the rails if i measured from outside rail to outside rail would i be aboul to use that number to place them?

i dont have the leaf springs yet, sense the leaf springs are directly under the rails if i measured from outside rail to outside rail would i be aboul to use that number to place them?

Be patient, someone that has done the spring relocation will chime in with a number for you.

Could always use a string from the center of the front hangar to the center of the rear one on both sides and measure between the two strings where the rear end normally is. :)

That would get you about as close as anyone ever could, even if you did have the springs.

Measure from the center of perches and move 3 inches in.Thats how I did mine.I left the old ones on and used a straight level for pinion angle then tacked the new ones in place,removed old ones,then welded new ones.Worked for me.:D

Can't you just bolt your old spring hangers in and measure over to the new location? If it was done properly, the dimension will be the same for the front spring hanger and the rear spring hanger (both sides). Then, weld each perch to the rear end this much closer toward the center of the car.

I bought my offset spring hanger kit from Dr Diff. It moves in aprox 1/2" my pads measuer 42-1/4 center to center.

The measurement from the outside inner edge of your front box to the inside inner edge of the other front box IS your CENTER to CENTER dimension. Unless you are not running the springs parallel... Try it on a piece of paper....

-
Back