leaf springs

-
I bought some springs and other parts from ESPO Springs and Things. Their gal Laura is one of the best vendor reps I've ever dealt with. Totally pleased with the products and the delivery etc.

http://www.espo.com/

I got pair for a 65 dart off of JC Whitney in 2003 they are still on it no sag.

Another thumbs up for Espo here. I've got two sets of Espos and a set from JC Whitney, which come from John R Spring Service. All of them are good but it is a pleasure to deal with Espo.

I had the springs in my C-body re-curved, with new sliders and clamps at a shop in City of Industry, CA in 1993, so I expect some shops could do that. You can buy the parts at Springs 'N Things.

Another vote for ESPO here. Placed my order and a couple of days later, there was a pile of parts on my doorstep. It doesn't get much easier than that.

I ordered the +1 inch springs, and I do have to say that they did settle quite a bit. Here's a pic.

IMG_6702.jpg

I had a pair for a 66 Barracuda rebuilt for about 200 dollars. Get new instead for the money.

There was just a set of 002-003 SS springs listed here a couple days ago for $125!!
Look through the for sale ads, they should be near the top! Geof

SS springs are for racing and get great traction, but not for street driving. They do funny things for handling. Nothing that can't be worked around.

I have the front end sitting level, so I don't think the torsion bars are causing it.

If the front is level and the rear isn't kinda makes one wonder.

Bent or flexing?

If you don't have frame connectors you could verify a flat plane on the body and install some.
If you already do have connectors, you might need to cut them loose and then flat plane the body and weld em back in.

Just kinda thinking out loud here.

Best bet something like this. It also rattled in the rear. Broken in 2 places.

Attachments

• 02-2012 Broken leaf spring.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 498
I looked at it today. I can tell the driver leafs lay flatter than the passenger. there is still a slight curve on the passenger side, but its obvious something is wrong on the driver side.

SS springs are for racing and get great traction, but not for street driving. They do funny things for handling. Nothing that can't be worked around.

I put ss springs on my dart in january, in place of my stock hd springs, and have had no handling problems. Curious what handling problems I sould be expecting. They hook up well, with the stock hd torsion bars on the front, I did have to raise the nose 1" after the install.

I put ss springs on my dart in january, in place of my stock hd springs, and have had no handling problems. Curious what handling problems I sould be expecting. They hook up well, with the stock hd torsion bars on the front, I did have to raise the nose 1" after the install.

I am curious as well, I purchased the SS springs that were mentioned earlier in this thread. I'm building and old school handling car and everyone says go with the SS leaf springs, as big of torsion bars you can get, redo the bushings, and add at least a front sway bar.

I wonder if the springs on your 65 were replaced at different times? Is it possible one side broke and was replaced and the other wasn't so now it's weaker from more stress cycles?

On 70 Barracuda with front and rear AAR sway bars, when I added SS springs at the next autocross race the rear end came around big time. The traction issues where gone, but had to remove the rear sway bar. I also got the biggest front bar that I could get which balanced with the rear springs. I have the SS springs in a 65 Coronet also with a big front bar, but have not driven yet. No shop will replace just one spring, always as pairs, even for rebuilding.

-
Back