leaking brake valve

-
I never had to do it, but I recall someone posting a procedure to unstick the valve without opening it. Otherwise you will need to open the valve again and try to do it manually.

As post #26, the "imbalance switch" requires adjustment in new installations, even if the piston moves freely. I have never done so, but recall it involves cracking a brake fitting on each side and letting the spring center the piston as a little fluid leaks out.

Has any one had problems with new brake valves leaking . I have a 1972 Dodge Demon did a brake conversion all factory parts new I have installed two new brake valves and both leak I know this one is not leaking at the lines I think at the top where the line from the master cylinder goes brass hex fitting or the hex piece goes into the valve
Thanks for reading this post Waco Demon
I am on my 3rd distribution block from online tube 1 leaked from the warning light plug and the other from the double nut leaking from around the washer I called again to inline tube they are replacing the distribution block again they told me they are having issues if this 1 leaks I'm getting my money back

Yes new lines but there leak issue is coming from the hard washer on the 11/16 nut and at the electric brake warning light plug non of the brake lines leak
I took my old valve and used the copper seal from it the new valves are from China and seals are bronze and are hard and will not seal .The valve from In Line Tubes was a piece of crap I got one from some one hear on for a bodies only and rebuilt it I had a slit leak at the light switch the light would glow finale it sealed is self

Long ago on this board someone showed destructions on "how to" anneal the "new" hard copper washers so they are soft. Do a Google search on anneal. You heat the object and control the cooling time to take out hardness

Many years ago there used to be special little tools for bleeding brakes for the warning switch. You unscrewed the switch, and screwed in the tool, which was a stop device to keep the switch centered. With it stuck, best with two people, you need to crack open the valve fittings to relieve pressure on one side or 't other and bump it back.

Sometimes, just "violently" stabbing the brake pedal a few times will center it

I also have the same issue leaking at the copper washer and mine was purchased from Inline tube as well. This is my second one so I'm going to replace the washer and try again and if that doesn't work I'll try and find an original distribution block!

-
Back