learning how to use my first-ever smart phone

-

memike

Super Moderator
Staff member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Wow, the Samsung galaxy s lll is so user friendly, but l have a lot to learn but I can keep my foot up as I use it, setting down in my recliner looking outside seeing the sun shine is driving me insane, if anyone has any advice please feel free to jump in :glasses7: I still haven't figured out how to post pictures! This thing knows what I want to say, this is a new experience for this old fashioned Arkansas man

I'm with ya Mike! Though I'm on a I-phone 4 now, the only thing that bothers me is the spell check and my fat fingers! Have fun. NowI post anywhere anytime.

I found that a smart phone was smarter then I was which did NOT sit well with me!!! Just ask a teenager and they will have you all trained in about 30 minutes.

I found that a smart phone was smarter then I was which did NOT sit well with me!!! Just ask a teenager and they will have you all trained in about 30 minutes.

LMAO, that's what I call mine. My "smarter than me phone".

Sorry, I can't help ya. I'm still on a "dumb" phone....

I love my iPhone 4s. It didn't even come with a user manual as far as I can recall. It is so intuitive, just start using it! And go to your App Store, there are some pretty cool apps out there. Uploading pics from a smart phone is by far the simplest way of doing it, BTW! Just start using it, and have fun!

My smart phone actually is the worst cell phone I have ever used. It does have a lot of nice apps though and texting is made much easier. Really it's a crappy phone but all the other functions are nice.

I hear ya, I'm away from home 5 days a week, between calling home and work use it adds up.

Thank you all very much, I never text, and never did till I got this phone that is :coffee2:
I have been enjoying watching the learning videos I need before planting season and it keeps my brain working :glasses7: and having the weather at the tip of my fingers is nice 8)

I have the Galaxy 3 as well Mike. I'm not too good with phones either but I needed it for work. Check out this manual,it's long but it's got a lot of information.

[ame]http://downloadcenter.samsung.com/content/UM/201207/20120706131108550/VZW_SCH-i535_English_User_Manual_LG1_F5.pdf[/ame]

Thank you dreno, i will check that out when I am on my computer I have my foot elevated and enjoy some favorite time here on this site :cheers:

I've had a number of iPhones ever since they came out. I use it for personal use, and business use, and it allows me to not be tied to the office, or my desk. I love it.

It's my phone, my camera, my mobile computer, my note pad, my alarm clock, my calendar, my mp3 player, my GPS, my radio, even my check book, and can be your entrainment center, your news paper, you can even read books on it. It's even my guitar tuner. I travel a lot, and it makes my life so much easier, and streamlined.

I'm not sure why anyone would resist the conveniences of one. It's a tool, like anything else. You use it as much or as little as you need. YOU make that determination. I'm not on 24/7 like many kids and young people are, but, it does allow me so many conveniences that I once had to take time from my day to do, I can now do in my own good time. It actually make me more productive, as I can now use mt "down time" to free up my off hours.

You have to follow certain safety and rules of proper Etiquette. For example, I don't "surf the web" while in the presence of others who are there for the purpose of visitation I don't ignore them for texting or surfing, and, unless it's a personal call from my family, or a scheduled business call, for which I will excuse myself,and leave the are, normally don't accept calls while conducting business face to face.
I turn the phone off when in church, movie theaters, and other public places. I don't text while driving, and if I have to initiate or receive a phone call while driving, I do it by hands free voice commands.

Congrats on the new phone Memike. Just remember that you are in charge of the phone, and while people can contact you directly 24/7, you DON'T have to be available 24/7. That's something you can control. Be smart with your smart phone, most people aren't.

If you ever figure out how to post pics on this site off your galaxy s3 please share. Mine won't let me choose a file.

Frank y , I totally agree and I have learned allot already, like you my son creed uses his for his work and tunes his guitar, it is a tool he has got to have for work.
I am learning and enjoying this , I bet I can get a fishing app for it and I am enjoying doing all of this any place in or out of the house . If I do figure out how to post pictures I will share my new found knowledge

Congrats Mike on jumping into the 21st century :smile:

There is nothing more humbling than getting your 1st smart phone. I felt like a complete idiot when I got mine about 3 years ago :sign3:

It's a great tool & I can't be without mine anymore......

And yes, do watch out for the "auto correct" when texting or posting. Some of them are downright hilarious #-o ;)

Thank you sister, I am indeed enjoying the learning experience and my children are happy to see me moving forward in this thing we call life as well as treva , she has been on a smartphone for about 3 years now, as soon as I can I will send you a pm on what is going on in my life and looking forward to get it behind me.

Wow, the Samsung galaxy s lll is so user friendly, but l have a lot to learn but I can keep my foot up as I use it, setting down in my recliner looking outside seeing the sun shine is driving me insane, if anyone has any advice please feel free to jump in :glasses7: I still haven't figured out how to post pictures! This thing knows what I want to say, this is a new experience for this old fashioned Arkansas man

Hi memike,

The samsung galaxies are bad *** phones. I am typing this to you on my deuce. (galaxy ll).

I take pix with my phone, then send em as email to my computer, put em in a regular computer file , then post from my home computer.

Check.out the app stores. I have some cool free apps on my android phone like pinball pro, a flashlight app, ebay mobile, an inclinometer with a bubble level feature. These are all free, just have to download. All of these are cool, but i must confess i love pinball pro. There is also a free app called history eraser, since this is literally a tiny computer, you need to empty out the trash so to speak periodically to keep it from locking up.

Its also great to have google at your fingertips to settle disputes. I had some knucklehead at work tell my my 67 cuda weighed 4,000Pounds LOL. i told him 2,700, and googled it. I was right. And it was right at my fingertips.

My ebay mobile lets me know when item listings are ending, plus i check my emails via my phone. Welcome to the digital age my friend. Like any new toy, your gonna get sucked in for awhile, then you will go back to normal life.

Cheers
Matt

-
Back