LED Light Bar

• Cool

Votes: 5 4.4%
  • Dumb

Votes: 109 95.6%

• Total voters
-
Or, if you don't like it you have good taste,
if you do like it you have bad taste. I don't like it either. It's going to get broken from rocks and other debris. But I'm over 30 so what the hell. LOL
All in the eyes of that person.
Now, how in the hell can you tell intent from what was written? You a mind reader or something?

The only way that could be more stupid is if you cut a hole in the roof and jammed it in vertically.

Regardless of what the original poster thought of your reply, I myself, conjured up a picture in my head that made me belly laugh out loud.

Regardless of what the original poster thought of your reply, I myself, conjured up a picture in my head that made me belly laugh out loud.

I am glad I was able to oblige. You know they say if we laugh we live longer. You're welcome. lol

Yeah like I said before I don't think the current location is the best. The bar is a 52" bar and is a little to big for that location. Going to sell/give to my buddy with a Jeep that has been looking at getting some bars for it. Going to see if I can come up with a way to put it behind the grill or beside the tag. Thank you to those who offered some constructive critics or at least remained respectful about it.

The problem is you. Not us. You gave a clear option of "dumb" in your own poll. If you weren't man enough to get ready to see a lot of people who thought that, you shouldn't have asked.

That said, I would mount it on the roof like a cop car light bar before I ever put it where you have it mocked up now. But then of course, I wouldn't have one at all.

I would not do it.

I had a car with a bar like that coming at me one night last week on a dark two lane road.

I thought I was having an alien encounter or something, so freaking bright I was not able to keep my eyes on the road until he passed by, I had to completely turn my head away from the oncoming lights.

Nothing like taking a couple hundred super bright leds and pointing them in the face of oncoming traffic. LED's are extremely bright with your looking straight at them, and to me it looks like a good way to cause accidents. No need to blind everyone else on the road, just cause someone thinks it "looks cool".

If your old mope needs better lights there are other ways to go about it.

Could always hook it up to the dimmer switch. When you dim your lights the bar goes off.

you can get a relay and wire kit from Chad i believe. The kit uses bigger gauge wire and and decreases the voltage drop which makes your headlights brighter. I am with RRR and many others. it is not a good idea and dumb, stupid, ignorant. If you ask for opinions you must always brace yourself for the good and the bad because they are coming at you.

A very simple, "I don't like it" would have gotten the job done I think rusty. Really no need to be a jerk about it. Yes you can give your opinion without being a jerk and not calling the poster a spoiled little brat would be a good start.

Sure would

Could always hook it up to the dimmer switch. When you dim your lights the bar goes off.

I bought a bar that came with a relay switch. I was only going to have it on when I needed, i.e. back roads or something like that.

you can get a relay and wire kit from Chad i believe.

I picked up a relay for my headlights and while I haven't been about to drive since the install (took the interior out get some sound deadening in I'm hoping it will help with my dim headlight problem. Now I do already have LED headlights which did help a lot, but they would start to flicker (likely due to low voltage) at idle, hence me adding relays.

A very simple, "I don't like it" would have gotten the job done I think rusty. Really no need to be a jerk about it. Yes you can give your opinion without being a jerk and not calling the poster a spoiled little brat would be a good start.

Sure would

Thanks for support but at the end of the day no matter what you do someone is going just be a jerk about things, an unfortunate fact of life. I mean you would hope you wouldn't see on places like these where we are all Mopar A-body lovers just trying to make our cars run, be fun, and have a good time doing it. This is all of our hobbies something we do to pass the time. I don't know about you but I get enough drama BS at work so I sure as heck don't want it in my hobby :). Again big thank you to everyone who provided constructive support.

Are you wanting to be the "Knight Rider" of Mopar or what? I only picture those on a truck and even on those they are annoying as hell.

How can that even be legal? That would suck to be the driver starig at those lights while diving, could be a very bad idea. Sorry, it looks terrible and so would mounting it anywhere else.

yep I think its dumb and the reason is you want to put something on a car that blinds people on public roadways so they can't see at night. Brilliant idea einstein brilliant .......no dumb. Just remember that you are solely responsible for whoever you run off the road and kill.

I was kinda dick about it I guess......my apologies. I was really just funning with you man. Still not my cup of tea, but hay, knock it out if that's your thing.

Post four , I like.My opine: match it up to the front valance, use 1 1/4" -1 1/2" hole saw cutter. 3-4 per side, mount the damn light inside the valance, somehow...

-
Back