Lessons to be learned about shipping USPS

str12-340

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I got contacted a month ago by a guy on here from Austria. He wanted to buy the complicated heat stove for a 72-73 Dart and I had a nice one advertised for $85. In Austria, evidently you can't register one of these cars unless they have 100% factory correct emissions equipment installed. I took it to UPS all packaged up and they gave me a shipping price of $325 - WOW (It only weighed 9 pounds packaged). I went down the street to Fed Ex and they wanted $368!!!. Needless to say I still have the heat stove and our friend in Austria is still looking.

Charrlie_S

Reaction score
I just sent a torque converter from Fl to Va, on monday. Priority mail large flat rate box, insured for $650. Tracking info said it should be delivered last Wed. Current tracking info says it was recieved at Jacksonville distribution center, on Tue, and it still hasn't left there. Person I sent it to wanted to install it this weekend.

ir3333

Reaction score
The corporate scams never cease to amaze me.In Canada I think we are still charged $3.00 per month for a touch tone phone by one of our major providers!

pittsburghracer

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Rule number one for buying and selling on Facebook. Never and I said never go by the shipping quote that comes up on an ad. When I place an ad I put “plus shipping” in the ad. So far I haven’t had that crazy cheap shipping quote come up on my ads. When I see that quote on an ad I know better than to believe it. Give me your address if you want to buy something from me and although it’s a pain in the butt because I live in the country I’m going to go get a price from the place doing the shipping. I expect the same if I’m buying.

69FBCuda

Stand back 10' for your viewing pleasure & Safety
Reaction score
Rule number one for buying and selling on Facebook. Never and I said never go by the shipping quote that comes up on an ad. When I place an ad I put “plus shipping” in the ad. So far I haven’t had that crazy cheap shipping quote come up on my ads. When I see that quote on an ad I know better than to believe it. Give me your address if you want to buy something from me and although it’s a pain in the butt because I live in the country I’m going to go get a price from the place doing the shipping. I expect the same if I’m buying.
Same with Offerup,com which quoted $10 to ship a Barracuda from Texas to me in Florida. The seller and I ended up splitting the difference. The dash was worth every penny.