Let's See Your 67-68-69 Cuda Notchbacks!

-
Here's one I had for 12 years. Some guy in Australia owns it now.

Mopar3.jpg

Is that the stock ivory color, or is it a pearl? That looks really clean with those rims on there............ sweeeeet. 8)

I took this picture last summer at a local cruise spot out here on Long Island (Bellmore train station for you local guys....). It's a tunnel ram 440 / auto notch that I thought was pret-ty nice....

CarStuff022-vi.jpg

CarStuff010-vi.jpg

CarStuff011-vi.jpg

this is my 69 formula s mod top has a 340 six pack with a four speed. 68 front end and needs quite a bit of tlc.

100_1869.jpg

69cuda.jpg

Here's a pic I snapped of mcodecuda's beauty last summer.

You can't see it from the pics, but there was a big perimiter of druel around the whole car from the spectators.

Wish I could share pic of our first notchback. Alas an old poorleroy doesn't scan very well.
To describe it. Original spinniker white with metalic red guts. Rallye wheels were painted same white with red dust shields seen through the holes. Brite polished finish on trim rings and centers.
I made a banner at top of windshield. A 1/4" red line over white background went across to the center and met the top of the B in Barracuda script and left the bottom of the a then on to other side. I coppied the larger script from the trunk trim.
All those little black lines in grilles and truck trim were covered in red also.
Red lenses in side markers all around.
I have replaced the lenses in 4 round side markers for my ragtop project too. Those are now the sculptered clear plastic and look like jewels. :)

Ok here is mine. these picts are from last summer. she is not looking her best right now with the motor out and all of the dust on her :(

cuda1.jpg

cuda2.jpg

Thanks. what color is on your car? I like the AAR stripe on it. Mine has the 69 stripe on it but, I like it more than I do the 68 stripe. I was suprized to see that my cuda was matching numbers and it was born a white car. I didnt want to hurt the matching numbers stuff and decided to build a 360 for it. I dont know why, it ran great with the 318 ! I forgot what a PITA rounding up all of the stuff is but, I got everything for it. now I have to find the time to get out to the shop and get it all back together before spring.
the hardest thing about it all I guess is time I only get a few hours a week to work on the car. I spend more time looking for all of the little things that I stashed so I wouldnt lose them . Uhhg ! I remember when I could work on my stuff until I finished. I hate having it tore apart this long. nothing bothers me more than not having it turn key and ready to go. even if I cant drive it .
all of the down time has had me second guessing my combination.... should of put more cam in , should of built the 904, should of bought the Eddy heads, or should of went with a 3.91. but, I managed to stick to the plan and keep the car as streetable as I can and still run respectable at the track.

I had the bright ideal to repaint my engine bay and it turned into a nightmare. I couldnt get it clean enough ! I had to take it down to bare metal and even after prepping it 3 times I still had crap popping through the paint. almost said screw it and painted it all black!
it has sorta held me up with getting my new motor in the car. but, the BS will be worth it. if we do not get a blizzard I should have the 360 in the car next week. and have it ready to rock the following week. D- day is april 9th first test and tune at Milan dragway if I have done my homework it should be a pretty good time !

-Pete

LOL ! now I feel bad about griping about a simple engine swap :) it will be well worth the time you have invested that is a very nice looking cuda.

Dude that's a fine lookin' car !
My lil brother is sitting here (a semi-pro photograper) when clicked on it...
"Imagine what a colorful background would do for it" he says. LOL

Ok here is mine. these picts are from last summer. she is not looking her best right now with the motor out and all of the dust on her :(

Looking at all these nice looking Cudas makes me want to go out and throw rocks or maybe bolders at mine NOT LOL I have to figure out how to post a pic of mine it is a wrk in progress. to make mine look like the cars posted here boy I see alot of hot Texas summer days and nights ahead of my driver slash drag car.

Yeah kinda a crappy background ... I drove it to work that day I work in a rail yard so it had a inch of dust on it at the days end.
I was walking out to take some photos of equipment and I couldnt resist.

I couldnt wait to get off from work just for the cruise home. but, I had a bunch of cleaning to do that evening.

Here are some more outstanding Notchbacks...........The one in Turquoise is a KNOCKout...........The color combo is great.............:burnout:

1967barracuda022303.jpg

62f7_12.JPG

Barracuda_Harald_4.jpg

Yep............They are original Keystone mags, with gold anodizing instead of chrome on the "spokes".........really rare wheel, especially in that condition...........I used a good quality wheel spacer on all four, and it corners great without any further suspension work.......turned it into a "wide-track", I guess..........(sorry.....no plug for GM intended!) :angel9:

-
Back