Let's See Your 67-68-69 Cuda Notchbacks!

-

pastortom1

Reaction score
Since the very first 67 Cuda Notchback I saw with a fiberglass Hemi scoop, freshly painted in gloss black alkyd enamel, they've held a special place in my heart's Mopar archives.

I always wanted one, but never semed to run across any in my early buying days, but DID own a nive 70 Roadrunner...possibly due to the basic profile of the car, which was very similar to the vision of that Notchback in my mind.......Honestly, if you look at the profile of the Notches from a short distance, they are remarkably similar to the 68-69 (and some 70) B-Bodies that I love, especially the Sat's and RR's.

BUT, I still love the A's, not only for their racy and sporty profiles, but also their agility and super fast response........they take as big a motor as you care to stuff, and have it all over the B's in basic handling and gas mileage as well, if you care about it with your classic.

My little Cuda is like that.....quick, agile, and good on gas.....and everywhere I go, it gets immediate responses, even from kids, remarking how sharp that car is.

It's only a little 273 2BBL, completely stock California survivor with about 64 thousand miles on it, and it still gets upwards of 21+ miles per/gallon on a cruise. Cream color with Keystone Mags, and a white interior........Nice little ride.

I'd like to see what all you other guys (and gals) have done with your Notchbacks.........Colors, stripes, wheels, stances, hood treatments, and of course the motors...........I'm going to build a streeter soon with this body style, and want to see all the combinations out there.

Lets see what you've got................. :burnout:

104_0480.jpg

Interior looks CLEAN

had to take a double look at console without a shifter sticking up

My 1st car was a 67 273, 2 barrel, auto on column ended up with a 273 hipo

Picture is around 1975

`67Cuda.jpg

Dude, you got the woodgrain dash and console but not the door panel decor pieces ?
I got those in the parts for sale listings if your interested.
My car...
woodknobinpark.jpg

Those door panel trim pieces can be added to custom rear panels too although I dot have 4, just 2 available
BENB2.jpg

My customizing is done with factory parts whenever possible. My steering wheel is aftermarket and shifter knob is BMW for now.
My underhood is same as yours today but I've gathered the Commando package, complete right down to the fender badges. Hope to rebuild the commando engine this summer.
I've got a customized dash and instrument panel project going on also.
As for similar body lines, (yall wont like this), park beside a Chevy Corvair and compare.

Those deluxe door panels are sweet........

That console in my Cuda is an add on, and it's removeable for purists....I made a shifter "delete" out of polished stainless...the ashtray holds my small kleenex box (empty in that pic), and it makes a great place for the Tach.

I'll have to check out those door panels. :toothy10:

100_0073.jpg

There have to be more than 2 or 3 notchbacks out there.........:dontknow:

Wasamatta............you guys no lika notches?

'69 M code 440 'cuda, 56,000 miles, .020 over 440, 284/.484 cam, 10 inch converter, 2" TTI headers w/ 3" exhaust, 906 heads, stock intake & AVS, 3.55 rear. Best ET 12.64 2006 Mopar Nats.

At Willow Spring Raceway: Rosamond, CA

autoxcuda2.jpg

IMG_2765.jpg

At Des Moines IA Mopar Unlimited show

wNumTrQ.jpg

In Kansas City KCIR
W69cpe.JPG

With 5600 lbs of stuff, including driver, crammed into a 3500 lbs Barracuda, including driver, moving from back to L.A. from Iowa (grain elevator weighed). What you see taken out on the ground is JUST what was in the car top carrier!!! I had to put airshocks totally pumped up to get more than 1/2" of muffler to ground clearance. BUT I forgot to adjust the T-bars up. So.... I broke the k-member lower control arm stud hole. Just the time for a spool mount K-member swap.

UhaulUnload.JPG

i was wondering when that other steve guy with a cuda would chime in.......:toothy10:

always nice to see a thread about 67-69 cudas.................i'll sleep good tonight.

great thread! anyone want to trade for a '70 Dart!?!?

Okeedokee

Sparky, is that RR1 68 Burgandy paint??

My 68 340-S is suppose to be that burgandy color with white stripe, white top, white std seats/door panels, and rest of interior burgandy.

Bummer it was a bench seat car originally.

Sparky, is that RR1 68 Burgandy paint??

My 68 340-S is suppose to be that burgandy color with white stripe, white top, white std seats/door panels, and rest of interior burgandy.

Bummer is was a bench seat car originally.

It is "Anniversary Red" the 50th anniversary Corvette came out with this in 2002 if I remember correctly.

mcodecuda,

Was that your car at Atlanta motor speedway last summer?

That car is Soooooooooo coooooooooL!!!!!

mcodecuda,

Was that your car at Atlanta motor speedway last summer?

That car is Soooooooooo coooooooooL!!!!!

cudaspaz, I think I've seen pictures you took of that car last summer and a bunch of other notchbacks.

Notchback pictures from Spring Flings

SF03Sat0179.JPG

SF04Sat0402.JPG

SF04Sat0403.JPG

Don't see this blue color on these much.

67BluCudaCpe.JPG

Here are a few I picked up in public web sites............

Anybody know the owners?............... The Plum Crazy in the previous post
is the first one I've seen.........I'm trying to picture that with some custom cut white billboards..........:read2:

Cherry Red Cuda.jpg

Go-Mango Orange Cuda.jpg

Lime Barracuda.jpg

Wineberry Cuda.jpg

Yes it was but this year I'm bring an all original 69 340 Formula S Fastback that I just picked up. It won't win any awards but it's a nice original car.

Hey MCODECUDA, your car is outrageous........the best one I've ever seen.............can you get that picture to post in a larger scale?

I'm sure more guys would love to see that car close up.........Really beautiful car.................:wav:

Its great to see the Notchos in different colors, I have to say the black looks real good. Wrflyer that 69 is gorgeous. Love the slots too,very nice.

-
Back