Letter to the paper

-

321Scamp

Reaction score
One of the guys i work with sent this to me.......

True Story

Luke AFB is west of Phoenix and is rapidly being surrounded by civilization that complains about the noise from the base and its planes, forgetting that it was there long before they were. A certain lieutenant colonel at Luke AFB deserves a big pat on the back. Apparently, an individual who lives somewhere near Luke AFB wrote the local paper complaining about a group of F-16s that disturbed his/her day at the mall.

When that individual read the response from a Luke AFB officer, it must Have stung quite a bit.

The complaint:
'Question of the day for Luke Air Force Base:

Whom do we thank for the morning air show? Last Wednesday, at precisely 9:11 A.M, a tight formation of four F-16 jets made a low pass over Arrowhead Mall, continuing west over Bell Road at approximately 500 feet. Imagine our good fortune! Do the Tom Cruise-wannabes feel we need this wake-up call, or were they trying to impress the cashiers at Mervyns early bird special?

Any response would be appreciated.

The response:

Regarding 'A wake-up call from Luke's jets' On June 15, at precisely 9:12 a.m., a perfectly timed four- ship fly by of F-16s from the 63rd Fighter Squadron at Luke Air Force Base flew over the grave of Capt. Jeremy Fresques. Capt Fescues was an Air Force officer who was previously stationed at Luke Air Force Base and was killed in Iraq on May 30, Memorial Day.

At 9 a. m. on June 15, his family and friends gathered at Sunland Memorial Park in Sun City to mourn the loss of a husband, son and friend. Based on the letter writer's recount of the fly by, and because of the jet noise, I'm sure you didn't hear the 21-gun salute, the playing of taps, or my words to the widow and parents of Capt. Fresques as I gave them their son's flag on behalf of the President of the United States and all those veterans and servicemen and women who understand the sacrifices they have endured..

A four-ship fly by is a display of respect the Air Force gives to those who give their lives in defense of freedom. We are professional aviators and take our jobs seriously, and on June 15 what the letter writer witnessed was four officers lining up to pay their ultimate respects.

The letter writer asks, 'Whom do we thank for the morning air show? The 56th Fighter Wing will make the call for you, and forward your thanks to the widow and parents of Capt Fresques, and thank them for you, for it was in their honor that my pilots flew the most honorable formation of their lives.

Only 2 defining forces have ever offered to die for you....Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.
One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Lt. Col. Grant L. Rosensteel, Jr.

USAF

Way to go, Colonel. I would sure like to shove that newspaper up the *** of the complainer, followed by my shoe. What a lousy rat bastard.

That happens a lot with race tracks too. That is one reason there are getting to be fewer these days. There is a 1/4 mile dirt circle track down in parris. Up to a few years ago it was out in the middle of know where but in the last few years they went and put a ton of track homes all around it just across the street. Just a mater of time before the stupid people that moved in to them homes complain and get the only dirt circle track for miles close down.

Thank you Butterball for the video.
It humbles you !

God bless all the men and women who have sacrificed their lives for us and our country.

Great letter back from the Colonel. The story reminded me of these two a$$holes:

http://www.cbc.ca/canada/toronto/story/2006/08/24/sudbury-urinate.html

http://www.cbc.ca/canada/ottawa/story/2006/07/03/ott-warmemorialpee.html

The National War Memorial is located in the centre of Confederation Square across from the Chateau Laurier. Originally built in 1930 to commemorate World War I, in 1982 the memorial was also inscribed with the dates "1939-1945," for World War II, and "1950-1953," for the Korean War. The theme represents the response of Canada to war, symbolised by service people from all disciplines marching through a triumphal arch, but with a deliberate aim to avoid the glorification of war.

Here's what the monument looks like when some d1ck isn't disrespecting it:

National_War_Memorial.jpg

Everytime I hear of a fellow brother or sister losing their life it saddens me and my heart hurts. It is very difficult to lose someone you know. I am on the U.S. ARMY Bomb Squad and I just transfered to a new unit. My old unit is in Afganh. right this very second, 4 of my really good friends have been blown up in the past 60 days. One is back in the states and has a huge portion of his hand missing and my old 1SG is in Germany waiting to be transfered to Walter Reed the other 2 are lucky and didn't receive major injuries. I wish sometimes people would step back and put themselves in someone elses shoes for just a second. And realize it ain't always about them. They should be so proud to have people that would die to defend their freedom and their right to say what they want whether it be positive or not. So for all those who do not support me and my friends.:thebirdm:
Next time you want to say something bad about someone say it about yourself.

Too many people complain first, and understand second.
Some people freak out over things like this and get scared or paranoid, so maybe a 5 second heads up on the local news the night before might have helped, (remember the NYC fly over recently?).
What I really appreciate is the content of the response and how well it was stated. Its nice to see someone high up in government who can intelligently respond to an issue.

Great letter back from the Colonel. The story reminded me of these two a$$holes:

http://www.cbc.ca/canada/toronto/story/2006/08/24/sudbury-urinate.html

http://www.cbc.ca/canada/ottawa/story/2006/07/03/ott-warmemorialpee.html

The National War Memorial is located in the centre of Confederation Square across from the Chateau Laurier. Originally built in 1930 to commemorate World War I, in 1982 the memorial was also inscribed with the dates "1939-1945," for World War II, and "1950-1953," for the Korean War. The theme represents the response of Canada to war, symbolised by service people from all disciplines marching through a triumphal arch, but with a deliberate aim to avoid the glorification of war.

Here's what the monument looks like when some d1ck isn't disrespecting it:

God help the asshole that I witness doing that to a war memorial. I am not prone to violence, but I would assuredly "go Medieval" on the poor sack of **** that desecrates such a memorial. If you want to live in MY COUNTRY, you had better learn respect. This would never have happened before the 1960s.

Another thing that fool failed to realize......
Unauthorized on-the-deck flying is almost as bad as having your mother-in-law catch you with your girlfriend, regardless of what you saw on Top Gun.

-
Back