line lock

-
ok i was wondering about that it is new style manaul brake master Do u think i could use it like a trans brake where i could lanch it off the line lock since it might hold the back tires

With a 2 step you might get it to hold about 2000 on a stock converter. It's more for burnouts though.

Not only that but you can put a line loc on front and back then hook em to a delay box and avoid the cost of a transbrake.

Not only that but you can put a line loc on front and back then hook em to a delay box and avoid the cost of a transbrake.

True...but you will have to leave at a REALLY low rpm. I can leave at 3500 on a trans brake. Higher if needed, but I guess if you just wanted to you could leave off the line-lock

I made the mistake of not holding the button in and realized quickly that I had to hold it in the whole time.
I thought it was press to lock, press to unlock....nope, it was hold till done, then let go.

i am going to take a look at it this weekend i might just plumb it to the back and see what happens maybe it will work like a trans brake but i dont really care if it works or not

i am going to take a look at it this weekend i might just plumb it to the back and see what happens maybe it will work like a trans brake but i dont really care if it works or not

so why would you spend the money and time required to hook it up if you don't care about it and don't care if it works?:angry7:

Not sure that is NHRA legal..i do know my track is switching to NHRA and transbrakes are illegal in some classes that they were legal in IHRA,making them true "footbrake" classes:cheers::cheers::cheers:

Not sure that is NHRA legal..i do know my track is switching to NHRA and transbrakes are illegal in some classes that they were legal in IHRA,making them true "footbrake" classes:cheers::cheers::cheers:

but just because you have the trans brake does not mean you gotta use it. Therefor you could still compete in a footbrake class.

It might be a good idea to learn the basics of your brake system before you go adding a line lock, something that you obviously haven't researched one bit.

I'm not trying to be a dick, but come on, man.

I have a 4 wheel drum Duster, when I hit the line lock botton the valve becomes a 1 way valve, so I hit the button and pump 3 or 4 times to get enough pressure to hold the car. I also thought I hooked up wrong the 1st time I used it.

everyone makes mistake i should have look in to it more before but o well i drove it all last summer with it not wire up I was wondering do u have it hook up to all four wheels or just the front.

why is this so hard to figure out? Trace the line down to the dirtrobution block. Once you founf the lie for the front brakes, remove the line from the master cyl to the distro block. Mount the seloniod on the firewall or shock tower. Make a new line from the master cyl to the inlet side of the selonoid. Then make a line that goes from the outlet of the selonoid to the distro block. (Make suure you have enough flex in the line to account for possible body movement) then wire the black wire to the chassis. Run the red wire to your button. On the other side of the button run it to a fuse. From the fuse to a keyed power source. Now bleed the brake system, check for leaks (correct as needed and repete bleeded process)

now after line lock is installed start car, put it in gear (for auto, and manual, but with manual hold in clutch)pump brake pedal 3-5 times while holding pressure on pedal press button. Remove foot from pedal. Car should not move. Mash gas and create lots o' smoke

edit: I did this on my phone sorry for the bad spelling errors. I will correct them once I can get on a computer.

one last thing I forgot after making smoke realise button and away you go. Now on a side note. You should not keep the button pressed longer than 60-90 seconds, as you can burn up the selonoid.

hope my little how to helps someone.

ok thanks it does i am going to figure it out this weekend or the next day i am off i cant wait til spring gets there so i can get it out of garage and pissed some mustangs off lol

The best way I have found for big slick cars is to plumb the line lock into the rear wheels. When driving out of the water box, push the button in and hold it before hitting the brakes. This blocks fluid from going to the rear wheels, then you can apply as much pressure to front brakes as you need to hold the car. When done with the burn out let go of the button and roll out. This takes away all the wear and tear from the rear brakes on the burnout. Works great for me have had it like this on the last 3 cars.

The best way I have found for big slick cars is to plumb the line lock into the rear wheels. When driving out of the water box, push the button in and hold it before hitting the brakes. This blocks fluid from going to the rear wheels, then you can apply as much pressure to front brakes as you need to hold the car. When done with the burn out let go of the button and roll out. This takes away all the wear and tear from the rear brakes on the burnout. Works great for me have had it like this on the last 3 cars.

I don't have enough feet for that! :)

That's the same way I've set mine up.
Mine's a B&M lineloc and had to install it back to front since they'll slow bleed one way.
Mine's actuated from a button on top of the shifter.

-
Back