look what followed me home

-

vitamindart

Reaction score
seems the Early a's are a desease i have caught...LOL
picked this up saturday. pretty rusty but has alot of good parts i need for my Valiant.
almost hate to part it out. would be nice if someone wanted to fix her up.
but it would need fenders , doors, quarters and a Bunch of other work.

The fact that it appears to be all there, all original and a commando makes it a real shame to part out. You ought'a consider reselling it to someone who wants to restore it.

Whatever you do "DO NOT FEED IT." If you feed a stray you will never get rid of it. It will just hang around looking pitiful and wanting attention.

buckets , console, red interior, commando 273 , black exterior , its all there down to the hubcaps ...

how in the world could you not restore this ? whats wrong with the fenders and doors? have you seen what Waggs has done in a matter of minutes LOL?

i have so many projects already. the tops of the fenders are gone, the drivers door has a hole the size of my fist where the mirror us to bolt on, trunk floor is toast.
i am working on trying to get it to run. cranks real slow even with a full charge.
thinking i may pull the dist. and prime the oil pump. would love someone to save this one, just dont think they can / will

Can't save them all. Tear it apart and use what you can, sell what you can and scrap the rest.

Always makes me laugh when guys say you should save them. Those same guys never come up with the cash to save them when your selling.

at least if / when i have to part her out her heart will go in my valiant and the little pieces should help a few guys out as well.
i am with ya Joe i have sat on enough stuff waiting for someone to save it

at least if / when i have to part her out her heart will go in my valiant and the little pieces should help a few guys out as well.
i am with ya Joe i have sat on enough stuff waiting for someone to save it

i guess its hard to judge without being there and seeing it. the thing does look really good in the pics. as they say.. some must die so others can live. :D

After a second look, I can see the rust issues. I wouldn't try to save it either. I wish I could find a commando parts car. :)

It's a shame it's so deteriorated but I see a lot of salvageable parts and many hard to find ones.

Let us vultures know when you start parting it out!

Can't save them all. Tear it apart and use what you can, sell what you can and scrap the rest.

Always makes me laugh when guys say you should save them. Those same guys never come up with the cash to save them when your selling.
yep....some of these folks would say save it even if it were just a bunch of iron flakes sitting in the driveway......not everyone is willing to pump 3-4x what a car is worth to save it.....

I see very little wrong with that 65 Barracuda, it even looks like a formula s with rare power brakes, mine does not have that! It looks not so bad I had to put new floor pans in mine completely! It should not be parted out for sure! I had a person who wanted mine I know would love to have that one! I am very sure he will even see this post!! [email protected] Please talk to him about purchasing this 65 cuda to restore!!!!! A perfect one for what you want to do!!!! He is in Penn area! Sir at least contact Alan I bet you and he could come to terms on this car, I know Alan wanted mine, but I now recovered from medical battle am finishing resto of my 65 formula s in the chicago area! The one is this picture would be a perfect car foe him to to the resto he want to do fo an early cuda!!!!!!!!!!! DO a good deed for this man who did his job for our country!!!!!!

Was that out of a litter? Maybe another one could follow me home! Nice catch!

Glenn

I see very little wrong with that 65 Barracuda, it even looks like a formula s with rare power brakes, mine does not have that! It looks not so bad I had to put new floor pans in mine completely! It should not be parted out for sure! I had a person who wanted mine I know would love to have that one! I am very sure he will even see this post!! [email protected] Please talk to him about purchasing this 65 cuda to restore!!!!! A perfect one for what you want to do!!!! He is in Penn area! Sir at least contact Alan I bet you and he could come to terms on this car, I know Alan wanted mine, but I now recovered from medical battle am finishing resto of my 65 formula s in the chicago area! The one is this picture would be a perfect car foe him to to the resto he want to do fo an early cuda!!!!!!!!!!! DO a good deed for this man who did his job for our country!!!!!!

From the photos, it looks to be a Commando, not an S. No badge or tach.

Dustin after closer look you are correct, but still a nice barracuda without a doubt! I love my 65 Formula S upgraded to some modern driving standards like dual master cylinder and front disc brakes, 318 motor but it is from a 69 duster..Also went up to 14" ralley wheels for bigger tires as the car puts out close to 300 hp! Not bad for a basic small block with not that much done to it, but the reality is with some head work and electronic ignition basic mopar orange box it is simple! Mine is a true street ride and has run down 1/4 mile a few times 15 second. If the rear and trans was set correct it would be faster, as I did drag in past with a 66 with basically same motor but set up for 1/4 mile ran low 13's! This car is for cruising down the road and having fun! You have a great day and Mopar or No Car!!!

cuda lover, the picture look better than the car. the only clean panels are the roof and maybe the hood. the rest is toast. and to add to the issues dad decided to unload her by him self ( to much time he is now retired) and lost control coming down the ramps, hitting a tree at a whopping estimated 10 MPH and it buckled the rear frame. she was / is far from structuraly sound.
for all interested in parts i will be posting in the parts car section in a few days or so

Thanks,

That would have been a nice car when it was new.
That being said, it's not new anymore and it's time came and went.
It's amazing how people fall in love with a car because it's still shiny, overlooking the serious problems that lie underneath.
I say that it's good to part it out as long as it's a chicken bone when it's done.

I am one of those who says save the car if you can. I have seen waaay to many nice cars parted simply because the person could make more in parts than selling as a whole.

I have done just the opposite. I have sold a whole car way cheaper than I could have parted it because somebody wanted it for a project to put back on the road.

However, after reading your post about all the rust issues I have to say it sounds like this one is going to be a parts car.

Let us know what you decide to do.

-
Back