Look what I just got!!!

-

blackace

The KING of flats
Reaction score
I just picked this up last night! I've been wanting one of these since I was a kid. Can't wait to get it started!!!

Anyone guess what it is? It was a pretty popular kit car from the 70's era. Lol

IMG_0405.JPG

IMG_0404.JPG

Yup its a Bradley GT.

I'm gonna use a Beetle chassis, since you can still find them around here. Pinto?? I haven't seen one of those in probably 20 years!!! lol

Should be pretty easy build. The body is in good shape, there is no damage to the fiberglass and only a few cracks. Im gonna re gel it and expoy it and then primer it.

Forgot about Bradley GTs until this post. A girl in school used to drive one. She actually helped her dad put it together. They also had a little sport boat made by Bradley.

For the most part you can get parts the hardest parts to get are the window doors and rear hatch. Which is the parts I don't have but I found the doors online already so I guess not that hard. lol

Our local Shriners have a number of these for parade cars. I think they are either Kellmark GTs or the Bradley GTs

Used to be a Bradley GT right down the street from me when I was in high school (78-82). Always wanted it cause it looked so exotic. Good luck with the project

Went to school with a son of the guy that owned Kelmark. My father was really close to buying one - I remember going down and looking at the kits and a couple assembled ones. My father still has an original red metalflake Meyers Manx that he built back in 1969. Been garaged all its life - still in great shape. Also owns a standard 1970 Beetle with 1,046 original miles on it!!!!!

there was a NOS Astec for sale locally last year..same vintage as the Bradley...good memories..

-
Back