look what we found at a swap meet

-

65dart360

Reaction score
well this weekend me and a couple members went to a swap meet in springfield,mo we seen this long intake for chrysler 2.2 or 2.5 k cars had a 4 barrel anyone ever see one before

Attachments

• 0820111254_01.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 460
that is 1/2 of a long ram setup for a Chrysler 300 K, early 60's car. wonder where the other side is?

hard to read in the pic but it looks like the writing on the runner reads "chrysler 4 cyl K-kar $475.00". Seems deceptive to Me,or possibly just ignorant?

well this weekend me and a couple members went to a swap meet in springfield,mo we seen this long intake for chrysler 2.2 or 2.5 k cars had a 4 barrel anyone ever see one before

Having owned a 1988 Dodge Airies, I don't know how this would fit anyway! Definitely has the wrong angles and waaaaayyy too long. Back in the day I got a free set of Splitfire spark plugs and put them in this car. It actually gave an immediate and noticeable power increase. I think I could go 0 - 60 in less than a minute after I put them in!

hard to read in the pic but it looks like the writing on the runner reads "chrysler 4 cyl K-kar $475.00". Seems deceptive to Me,or possibly just ignorant?

It would only be deceptive to someone who didn't know. Anyone looking for one would know instantly what it was for. Anyone who thinks there would be a way to mount that on a front wheel drive reliant k car never opened a hood.
~Michael

f_5cmb02yonjmm_63296d3.jpg

~Michael

I hope that was written on there as a joke or conversation starter. Otherwise I cant wait to see it installed in a K car.

i thought it was off a 413 but they told me no. i dont think they know what they had lol

that is 1/2 of a long ram setup for a Chrysler 300 K, early 60's car. wonder where the other side is?

maybe the guy who had it heard the "K" part and assumed it was for a 4cyl k-car
:dontknow:

i wonder if it would fit on the scout 4cyl motor that was basically a 273 cut in half?

maybe the guy who had it heard the "K" part and assumed it was for a 4cyl k-car
:dontknow:

That would be my guess.

Even at $475, isnt that a deal? Or is it worthless without the other half?

That would be my guess.

Even at $475, isnt that a deal? Or is it worthless without the other half?

I am by no means an expert on this subject as these cars were made before I was born. The limited knowledge I have is that the long ram induction was available on the 60 300 F and the 61 300 G. The 62 300 H, 63 300 J and the 64 300 K offered an optional short ram intake (15 in instead of 30 in).
That being said how much demand is there for one of these? I guess if a person need 1/2 for a resto project it would be a good deal. I think it would be worth more if it was a set but who knows.
~Michael

special edition k-car....lol

Attachments

• KCarEngine copy.jpg
    109.5 KB · Views: 288
no i didnt buy. I would have had to bought a k car to put it on but now that i think about i bet i could buy a k car cheaper than the intake. lol

If you really did mount it in a K-car the air cleaner/carb would be between the front seats!

Did ya by any chance ask em who was smokin what? Time to share i'd say so we can all get on the same page. Buddies of mine always go to that event but i was trout fishing.
Small Block

special edition k-car....lol

Or...You could call it the "Special K Car" and put Kellogg logos all over it and get them to sponsor it...

Then go to shows and hand out boxes of cereal...

Then if you win alot of races in it, you call it the "cereal killer"...

Or...You could call it the "Special K Car" and put Kellogg logos all over it and get them to sponsor it...

Then go to shows and hand out boxes of cereal...

Then if you win alot of races in it, you call it the "cereal killer"...

That's hilarious!
ROFL! :D

-
Back