Lookin to get a Duster..whatdayathink!

-

B5Duster

Reaction score
Ok as I said in my intro, following in my footsteps I'm looking to get a Duster for my 14yr old son for his first car(I get to drive it the next couple of years!) :headbang:

Hard to find a Cali car...here in Cali..seems all the good cheap ones get shipped off in a hurry.
Found this on Ebay..Ebay 72 Duster

My concern with this one is if the cam is too aggressive(284/284 112 lsa .480 lift, eddy 750) Here's the link to see/hear it. 72 Video Clip

Also is there anything else he should have addressed when swapping out the /6?

Had a look. 83.3% positive feedback, and no VIN# or inspection would give me pause; I think I'd want to go see this one in person before considering it.

Nothing said about the rear axle or tranny. Does this car drive? I get the impression that it is a work in progress - is that what you want?

Doesnt look like a bad car. Im willing to bet that the 318 isnt going to make much torque with that cam and a single plane intake.

The only thing that worries me about that one is that it's a "youngster" that's selling it.

Almost stopped by to check this Dart Sport out last weekend, he had it listed locally at $6500 and now it's on Ebay. $6500 was WAY too much with all things considered. Appears to have been aquired from an impound sale as it has a lien title. Looks like he just added wheels, decals, and quickly shot the sublime. You can see that he painted lots of rubber etc on the closeup shots..I would like a solid running car and worry about cosmetics later.
60_12.jpg

60_12.jpg

60_12.jpg

AdamR said:
Im willing to bet that the 318 isnt going to make much torque with that cam and a single plane intake.

true i had a 284/484 cam in my 318 with a performer manifold with a cut down divider in the plenum to help it breath at higher rpm and it ran real stronk but it was not a torquemonster, but it did run real good at higher rpm and sounded great!

-
Back