-
Status
Not open for further replies.

twister360

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Contact seller
I currently have an 8 1/4” with 3.92 Sure Grip in my 74 Duster with mild 360 and rpm’s too high for interstate. I would like to change to for a better driving experience. My hot rod driving days are over and just want to enjoy easy, quite driving.

Last edited by a moderator:
How about a 2.94, the best of both worlds....ehhh?

20230909_115952.jpg

20230909_120014.jpg

iIRC the 8 1/4 2.45 was a separate arrangement with its own carrier, no or little aftermarket support

I currently have an 8 1/4” with 3.92 Sure Grip in my 74 Duster with mild 360 and rpm’s too high for interstate. I would like to change to for a better driving experience. My hot rod driving days are over and just want to enjoy easy, quite driving.
Your PM box is full! I can’t send a message. The following is what I writing to you;

“I have a ‘74 Duster with a 8-1/4 rear and 2.45 gears. Would you be interested in a trade? I can meet you in about a half way-ish area. Goggle this zip code, 32950, I’m in mid Florida. You’re approximately 11 hours away. Perhaps somewhere in the middle-ish area we could meet?“

Last edited:
@twister360, I should have a set of 2.76 gears in hand tomorrow after working a deal locally. I tried to shoot you a PM but your inbox is full. Can you clean it out and contact me if you're interested? Also, going to a 2.45 will mean you need that carrier as well as the gears.

The guys are correct about needing a matching carrier for the 2.45 and that's not the only gear set. There was one other and I cannot remember what it was. I think the split is 2.76 and up takes one carrier and "everything" under 2.76 takes another carrier. You might find the answers here:
The 8 1/4 thread

AHH.....I think I figured it out. I was having trouble finding the delete function too. If your not a gold member, there is a small ad at the bottom of the cell phone screen. Hit the small X to get rid of it. Then you should see the option to "leave the conversations " that you want to delete.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back