Looking for a anti-roll recommendations

-

o1heavy

1974 dart sport
Reaction score
What is everyone using need one for my 74 abody
The body separation drives me nuts

I used a Hellwig hollow bar on mine and am very happy with it. There are cheaper bars (Addco) and there are more expensive bars (Hotchkiss). If you want to go the cheaper route Hellwig makes a solid bar also. Dave@Hellwig is a member here and used to chime in every once in a while.

If its in the budget, Hotchiss or Hellwig. or if you want a cheaper solution yet, I have a front sway bar off my 74 I'd sell you cheap.

Even a factory one makes a gigantic difference if you have none now

Even a factory one makes a gigantic difference if you have none now
I'm looking to get rid of the body separation during the launch something kinda like this

IMG_0981.PNG

Anti roll? This will make you think twice about rolling...

Pot Talk.jpg

When I see that picture I think a set of Cal Tracks for launch. Or a 4 link.

Anti roll bars are also known as (anti) sway bars. Are and are well mentioned above. They reduce body roll. Your looking for launch control. The separation of the rear of the car as the leaf spring bends. That is how Ma MoPar designed it to be. S/S springs are the basic starting point in a budget & the Cal Tracks are the next step up.

When the rear of the car rises, the tires get pushed to the floor. That's the separation you feel.

When I see that picture I think a set of Cal Tracks for launch. Or a 4 link.

Anti roll bars are also known as (anti) sway bars. Are and are well mentioned above. They reduce body roll. Your looking for launch control. The separation of the rear of the car as the leaf spring bends. That is how Ma MoPar designed it to be. S/S springs are the basic starting point in a budget & the Cal Tracks are the next step up.

When the rear of the car rises, the tires get pushed to the floor. That's the separation you feel.

And if you have a leaf spring rear suspension it will rise in the rear. They are supposed to. Like the above guy said it is pushing the tires down. If it squats it is pulling up on the rear tires.

It sounds like You don't know what You need for a condition that sounds normal for a Mopar with leaf springs, We have no idea what You're running, pinion snubber/type of
leaves & count/other traction aid? A sway bar in the rear only stops the tendency of the passenger rear to pull up into the chassis breaking traction on that side in relation
to the driver side. Some very quick cars will really dip down in the right rear on launch, the stabilizer bar is effective at equalizing the traction and fighting the lift on the
RR tire. That will do nothing for the "rise" in the rear.........................

IMG_0988.JPG
using the complete monoleaf system
Looking to get away from the bottom picture. I'm simply asking if anyone was using them thanks for the replies

Last edited:
Do you have bars too? What are your rear shocks and settings? I can't see bars in the bottom pic, but they are visible in the top. Normally the bar does the work of the front segment of multileaf setups. So a monoleaf will work well with bars. If you do, I'd suggest you play with the preload and shock settings. If you don't have bars, get them.

-
Back