Looking for a race quality non fluid dampener

-

MOPARMAGA

" The other hard member"
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Anyone running a non fluid dampener on their race car, if so can you recommend one for my 470 should spin 7000 rpm for a short time.

Romac is very high quality. Not run one yet, but I plan to get one for my current slant 6 build.

I also run this one....but it does live up to its name, it rattles a little like a rattle snake when engine shuts down :D
I wonder if it will attract rattlesnake, I live in the desert & I'm looking for another food source lol.

The nice thing about the Innovat West one is you can order them with dual keyway. Only thing that sucks is the crank has to be machined for it.

I've seen nothing but good things about that Rattler thing. I wish they made one for a slant 6.

Last edited:
Jack Moore on Facebook
Moore&Moore on Moparts sells some ATI dampers with small factory cosmetic issues pretty cheap.

Whatever you choose, don’t skimp based on price. Don’t ask me how I know...

For me, it will always be ATI or nothing.

They are quality pieces

FB_IMG_1624045128153.jpg

Just wondering. Why not a Fluid Damper.

I think a lot of guys have read about bad things happening with fluid dampers. So many Cheapo fluid dampers out there today. I ran the original name brand “Fluid Damper” in the 8’s@155mph for years with zero issues. I still have one sitting here that I would use but most of my engines have ATI dampers on now.

ATI super damper on my engine (and its rebuildable if you ever feel the need).

The innovators west dampers can also be bought with magnets for a crank trigger built in. If I ever have mine rebuilt I’ll have the front changed so I can run a crank trigger.

Both aftermarket dampers I’ve bought came with undersized hubs and had to be honed to fit. It’s no big deal, just something to be aware of.

-
Back