looking for intake carb / manifold recommendations for 318 1973 La block

-
Put one of these on it. With two of the carburetors below. Go big or go home. lol
PRO DOMINATOR.jpg

BIG BO.jpg

No doubt the used prices are insane.

MoPar Gold!!!

Bullshit!!!!

Nice setup!

I’m running something similar with a LD4B, 1406, 72+ 340 manifolds, dual exhaust w H pipe, Chrysler 4 bbl kickdown, 302 heads, smogless (advanced curve) distributor from Trailbeast. My 318 runs a lot better now compared to when it wheezed with the 1975 setup it was born with.

View attachment 1716126088

I don’t think anyone will slag the LD4B but they are not cheap anymore…. The asking prices for when they are posted here now are unreal compared to when I bought mine 6 years ago.
Good intake but they can be spendy. What Weiand intake is close to the same? I can't remember.

If u were running a Single plane I would donate one to u just pay shipping - Weiand 7545 had a small crack again small and was welded up nicely. Purchased from a member but it was painted and I'm sure he didn't know it was ever damaged etc.

Those things are nowhere near stock looking and for nearly $300 I would make my own. Seems like you or your buddy(the braiser) are handy. It ain't hard, you already have the 2 bl stuff. Theres a thread here on how to convert from 2-4bl.
It looks like My kickdown is all linkage and not a cable is there an extension rod available?

A prior thread was posted on how to use your 2bbl linkage.

I used the 2bbl linkage and got a extension from the hardware store.
I also used a Spectre throttle cable instead of the factory cable tho it can be used with a extension.
Not pretty but it works.

IMG_0002a.jpg

I ran a similar setup with headers, and Edelbrock performer and 600 CFM Holley. Basic commonly available parts not too expensive ran good and was easily tunable.

The guy is in Sacramento and its on craigslist
I gotta figure out a way to connect, perhaps list it on ebay, a more trusted way for a transaction.
I cant get to him so the only way is to ship, not sure of any other options?

Tell him to take a pic of the intakes with either his or your name written on a piece of paper(proves they exist at least).
Is it me or do the runners look different between the 2, or is it the angle?
The guy is in Sacramento and its on craigslist
I gotta figure out a way to connect, perhaps list it on ebay, a more trusted way for a transaction.
I cant get to him so the only way is to ship, not sure of any other options?

Last edited:
-
Back