lowering blocks help!

-

dartkid68

Reaction score
im shooting to get my car pretty low, has anyone used 3" blocks? any pics? please post them

How low? There are front leaf spring hangers that you can get that moves the spring eye up about an inch or so. It's said to yield another inch of drop. I think it's safer than using blocks, but honestly I don't have any experience with them.

Did a quick search, here's one:

Firm Feel - Leaf Spring Hangers

three inch??

:wack: I would have to agree with where this thread is headed. I doubt you will be able to find U bolts long enough to work with 3" lowering blocks. I used 1-1/2" lowering blocks and had to get the longest set a local shop could make. I would suggest flipping the front hanger as previously suggested and adding no more than a 1 1/2" block. I personally am not a fan of lowering blocks period, but a lot of circle track guys / roundy rounders use them quite often.

Attachments

• IMG_20160118_152122646.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 865
im running a 315/35r18 tire my leafs are moved in with a min tub as well, id like to have the wheels tucked in the wheel wells about 1/4 of the rim maybe a little more depending on the travel

Flipping the front hanger changes the angle of the rear end and then you will have to shim the axle to get the correct pinion angle in which you will be losing some of your drop. lowering blocks is the way to go but 3" sounds a bit much.

I have some very saggy leaf springs that you can have what springs are on it now

Hope you only drive on basketball and tennis courts if you want to lower an A body 3 inches. :D

lower it the recommended 2" (which I think you'll find is a lot) and then throw some extra weight in the trunk - no, I'm not kidding.. this will allow you try out the ride height without spending all kinds of $$ re-engineering the rear end of your car - if you then decide to go further - well, nothing is impossible if you have the $$$ - or so "they" say..

what springs are you using....are they just too high?
go to your local truck shop and have them de-arched...it takes very little time.
..and don't let them tell you they have to be dis-assembled and done individually

i used 2" on the dart until i got the springs i wanted.. threw the pinion angle off and had a vibration.. 3" seems extreme though.

-
Back