MABBCO 360 LA Roller

-
That Mabbco longblock shown by the OP is in a league by itself. No comparison whatsoever to Blueprint quality. You're in the business, surely you "at first" could have thought of a proper high volume so called rebuilder?? Way out in left field mentioning BP, just seems like a cheap shot to me.

Actually you and maybe others misinterpreted my reference to BP.

I was actually thinking at first that Mabbco was of such high volume and reputation that they could produce a quality longblock on par with Blueprint. I cannot touch BP,s quality/price ratio and I also cannot touch Mabbcos quality/price ratio either. Sorry you read it all wrong @12many as I know you are a very satisfied BP customer. J.Rob

One of my friends use to work for a big engine rebuilder back in the day. I forget which one. He told me that all the core engines got disassembled and the stuff went in piles. Heads in one pile, block in a other pile, and so on for a certain engine type. They rebuilt the engines using parts out of the piles. You got what you got, an engine that runs.

Actually you and maybe others misinterpreted my reference to BP.

I was actually thinking at first that Mabbco was of such high volume and reputation that they could produce a quality longblock on par with Blueprint. I cannot touch BP,s quality/price ratio and I also cannot touch Mabbcos quality/price ratio either. Sorry you read it all wrong @12many as I know you are a very satisfied BP customer. J.Rob
I’ll give you that, misinterpretation. Anyway, From what I’ve seen from previous years research of Mabbco (and then running very far from!) was that they are the equivalent of an engine bought from Autozone or Advance Auto. Don’t know if those places still offer reman engines, (I wouldn’t buy from them either after what I’ve seen in person) but they’d be a better option than Mabbco, you at least have a nationwide chain and could return it there easily vs what one will go through with Mabbco.

I’ll give you that, misinterpretation. Anyway, From what I’ve seen from previous years research of Mabbco (and then running very far from!) was that they are the equivalent of an engine bought from Autozone or Advance Auto. Don’t know if those places still offer reman engines, (I wouldn’t buy from them either after what I’ve seen in person) but they’d be a better option than Mabbco, you at least have a nationwide chain and could return it there easily vs what one will go through with Mabbco.

As a member of a large buying group here in Canada called ERI--I have access to one or two large volume engine reman vendors--I'm really not sure who or how many anymore because I refuse to sell them. This comes from working as an apprentice in a shop that sold dozens of these things (when the boss deemed us too busy) a year. I've seen a whole lot of screwups and I mean for every 10 sold we had to deal with 5 or so with issues to outright failure. So yeah right around 50% were complete garbage. Sorry--not going to hang my hat on that kind of track record. Everything from stripped threads, dirty assemblies, wrong components, wrong castings (cranks), balance issues, misfiring, low oil pressure, high oil pressure, oil leaks of course, coolant leaks--cracked castings/wrong gaskets, and even one time I will never forget it---A Mazda B2200 engine that had the OHC reground or replaced that our mechanic could NOT get to run at all. Turns out the cam would suck on the exhaust ports and blow on the intake ports! We installed a brand new cam and the engine actually ran pretty good. Worst part is I still haven't seen it all I'm sure. I just won't ever sell one. J.Rob

-
Back