***MADDART's 70 Dart Video***

-
Man, Louis!!! NICE car man!!!! It sounds oh so SWEEEEEET!!!!! And you have not one, but TWO stroker smallblocks!! Very cool man...very cool...

Nice vid Louis.

Car sounds nice and runs pretty darn good! Wish my Dart looked as good as yours.

I want a ride in it next time you come to Escondido. I hear it's quite a ride.

I am sure your 414 gets down to business also! Sure next time I am there lets do that!

mopardude318 Man, Louis!!! NICE car man!!!! It sounds oh so SWEEEEEET!!!!! And you have not one, but TWO stroker smallblocks!! Very cool man...very cool...

Thanks James.
Oh and I met with the Painter today on the 67. He is trying to talk me into detailing the undercarriage. I told him to shoot me a price, he said he will do it in my Shop on the stands and it would be easy to do before I put the Rearend back in it?? We will see.

crackedback Nice vid Louis.

Car sounds nice and runs pretty darn good! Wish my Dart looked as good as yours.

Thanks Rob. The car looks totally different in person, nicks bumps and scratches and the last guy painted the tail stripe in the wrong spot!
Oh well it runs!

Demon 408 Sounds great. How's the CalTracs on the street? What spring are you running, theirs or?

Well I really don't know what kind of springs. I do know they have been de arched about 1.5", they might be SS Springs. At a Roll it hooks really good, out of the hole it will annihilate the tires. On a strip it would be a different story I would think. I will find out soon hopefully.

Thanks James.
Oh and I met with the Painter today on the 67. He is trying to talk me into detailing the undercarriage. I told him to shoot me a price, he said he will do it in my Shop on the stands and it would be easy to do before I put the Rearend back in it?? We will see.

If you have it all out, now is the time to do it....I thought about just leaving the undercoating alone on my 70 Dart, but each time I'm under the car working on something, I find myself scraping it off with a scraper little by little, and I even got carried away and brought out the torch. LOL Comes off nice and easy with the torch. lol But, I have to finish it now cuz have the car underneath has undercoating, the other half doesn't. lol I think I'm forcing myself to paint the underside of the car low gloss black...](*,)](*,)

sweeeettttt!! the stance the sleeper look the color.damn man you got me rethinking my petty blue blackout hood i pictured my car in.

Thank you for a great ride :cheers: I think our cars are close to the same color :colors: or is it my screen :dontknow:
Your Dart has a little more HP then mine :toothy10: MoPar or No car, so true.:thumleft: and thank you and the members here for sharing some good info :read2: I sure enjoyed your video's Mad Dart

3.jpg

June third 2010 helping Creed Clean My Closet area OUT! 006.jpg

Thank you for a great ride :cheers: I think our cars are close to the same color :colors: or is it my screen :dontknow:
Your Dart has a little more HP then mine :toothy10: MoPar or No car, so true.:thumleft: and thank you and the members here for sharing some good info :read2: I sure enjoyed your video's Mad Dart

Yes the color is real close it seems. Gunna try and do some more VIOLENT videos on the next ones for sure!!!!!!

Looks like that 6 is gunna make it hard for someone to build a reputation off of!:angry7:

Wow !!!!!....Very impressive !!!!!!!

Car runs like a scalded dog !!!!

Sorry if I missed it,but what carb are you running. ?

J.D.

Wow !!!!!....Very impressive !!!!!!!

Car runs like a scalded dog !!!!

Sorry if I missed it,but what carb are you running. ?

J.D.

750 Mighty Demon with mechanical secondary's, it also has bottom feeder needle and seats and V Floats in it and Cometic gaskets that dont tear when you take the bowls off for jetting etc.

It made more power with Brian's "IMM ENGINES" Holly 1000HP Carb on the Dyno though. If I was racing it and every bit counted I would splurge on the new carb but for my use as of now it has plenty in it.

No hesitation at all and instant throttle response with the 750 Mighty Demon.

It has a Digital 6 Ignition in it with a Recurved Stock style distributor that was done by Don at 4secondsflat.com

Timing is 24* initial and 34* total all in at 2400 Rpm

Well when driving the car on the street I cant tell that it drops off above 6200 Rpm at all. It actually pulls hard all the way into the 7k range. I shift it between 6500-6800rpm most of the time, but like stated in the Video I have not ran it at the track as of yet. In the Video I was shifting it at around 5800-6000rpm, there is a lot more in it. I used all forged internals 4340 Crank, SRP Forged Pistons,H Beam Rods, Girdle with studs on the bottom end, head studs etc. My original plan was to SMACK it with a 200 Shot and I still might I would probably up the shift point by 500-800rpm and see if it will live with the JUICE!!!!

As far as the port job goes, these were probably one of the first set of RHS/INDY heads that were ported. Well with BJR's screw up on my first set, probably the 2nd set.

I have another set of the same heads done by Brian at IMM, same springs etc on a 318/402 Stroker that are not ported assembled on my engine stand right now. It will be installed in my 67 Dart GT hopefully in a few months.

Great information Maddart and thanks for the response. Generally tighter lobe centers will make the make the power delivery peakier but it won't hold out as long on the top end. I figured this in plus the cast iron heads and took off 8 degrees of duration since this is a solid lifter cam and that's how I came up with my output characteristics. Apparently there's enough port flow that this is not an issue and Brian did a stellar job on those heads. :read2:

Let us know how does at the strip or a chassis dyno is there is one in your area.

When I ran our CC 410 in my car, it ran best shifted around 6000-6500rpm! On dyno it made peak at 5400rpm!!
Looking at the graph's, both my engine and Louis' engine only dropped 12HP from peak to 500rpm after!
And I've seen in a sb mopar that tight lobe centers actually SPREAD the power out better and wide lobe centers make the tq curve more peaky.
If you have decent airflow and a ton of port speed you can actually make an engine perform better than the typical scenario.
Brian

When I ran our CC 410 in my car, it ran best shifted around 6000-6500rpm! On dyno it made peak at 5400rpm!!
Looking at the graph's, both my engine and Louis' engine only dropped 12HP from peak to 500rpm after!

Curious, what did the hp peak at?

And I've seen in a sb mopar that tight lobe centers actually SPREAD the power out better and wide lobe centers make the tq curve more peaky.

Very interesting. That's certainly out the realm of common knowledge and my empirical experience, but I never claimed to know it all. Did these engines have aftermarket and/or ported heads or were they stock cast iron? I firmly believe that port shape has noticable effect along with volume and flow on true power output.

If you have decent airflow and a ton of port speed you can actually make an engine perform better than the typical scenario.
Brian

I agree that wave tuning can make a port flow more (or less) then the cfm rating imply. After all, the port is an extension of the intake manifold. Of course this is a very difficult effect to measure until the heads are bolted on and the engine is ran on the dyno and VE readings are taken.

Having said this, I wonder if the Mopar LA port shape is more conducive to wave tuneing with the pressure waves created by a short LCA cam?

What's your thought's on this Brian?

If you compare our 410 against louis' engine, his had more power after 4000rpm everywhere. It's not apples to apples because he had an M1 on but most everything else was close.

I did a 440 sb mopar for a guy (actually I re-did it after someone else ruined it), flat tappet cam, indy cnc 360-2 heads, indy intake, 10.2:1, 950 annular carb. I spec'd him a cam, had 106lca, and some edm'd lifters and broke it in. Started to dyno it, after 3rd pull we had 602HP and a nice WIDE power band. Then cam went flat. Only exhaust lobes!! Found out the lifters had not been heat treated properly!! So customer wanted more drivability and less idle lope, so all I did was clean it up and reassemble with same cam but on 112 lca and boy it lost alot of avg tq and hp but peaks were up by 10! So I'd say that was a surprise. I could have used different lobes, smaller lobes and made better avg's but he NEEDED to see at least 600HP and we ended up making 615 after tuning. That was at 6400rpm and 91 piss gas. True driver, not a mix pump and race gas deal.
I've also seen the same thing in BB's...same thing. Cam went flat after break in (this time it was improper spring package supplied by customer as it was assembled by him as well) but before it went flat we got 595 HP but was peaky.
So customer let me pick the cam, and went with certain lobes I like to use from Comp, and lca was 110 and went to 107 and duration went from 252-258 to 256-258 and it made about 20 more avg tq and 25 more avg hp in the same rpm range and actually peaked at 612 after tuning which the other cam may have as well...

The BB had ported eddy heads, 490cid and indy intake. Compression was 10:1.

If you compare our 410 against louis' engine, his had more power after 4000rpm everywhere. It's not apples to apples because he had an M1 on but most everything else was close.

I did a 440 sb mopar for a guy (actually I re-did it after someone else ruined it), flat tappet cam, indy cnc 360-2 heads, indy intake, 10.2:1, 950 annular carb. I spec'd him a cam, had 106lca, and some edm'd lifters and broke it in. Started to dyno it, after 3rd pull we had 602HP and a nice WIDE power band. Then cam went flat. Only exhaust lobes!! Found out the lifters had not been heat treated properly!! So customer wanted more drivability and less idle lope, so all I did was clean it up and reassemble with same cam but on 112 lca and boy it lost alot of avg tq and hp but peaks were up by 10! So I'd say that was a surprise. I could have used different lobes, smaller lobes and made better avg's but he NEEDED to see at least 600HP and we ended up making 615 after tuning. That was at 6400rpm and 91 piss gas. True driver, not a mix pump and race gas deal.
I've also seen the same thing in BB's...same thing. Cam went flat after break in (this time it was improper spring package supplied by customer as it was assembled by him as well) but before it went flat we got 595 HP but was peaky.
So customer let me pick the cam, and went with certain lobes I like to use from Comp, and lca was 110 and went to 107 and duration went from 252-258 to 256-258 and it made about 20 more avg tq and 25 more avg hp in the same rpm range and actually peaked at 612 after tuning which the other cam may have as well...

The BB had ported eddy heads, 490cid and indy intake. Compression was 10:1.

Incredible! Man I wish I had access to a dyno. What would you accredit this too? Also, it appears that going to a tight LCA on the 440 LA didn't cause some pinging due to higher cylinder pressures on 91. IMHO, 10.2:1 with that big a cam and aluminum heads isn't all that high anyway though. I'm running 10.2:1 with plain J heads on a 360 and a relatively tiny cam (213/219 @ .050" on a 112 LCA) with no issues, but I'm way up here in the rare air (5280").

750 Mighty Demon with mechanical secondary's, it also has bottom feeder needle and seats and V Floats in it and Cometic gaskets that dont tear when you take the bowls off for jetting etc.

It made more power with Brian's "IMM ENGINES" Holly 1000HP Carb on the Dyno though. If I was racing it and every bit counted I would splurge on the new carb but for my use as of now it has plenty in it.

No hesitation at all and instant throttle response with the 750 Mighty Demon.

It has a Digital 6 Ignition in it with a Recurved Stock style distributor that was done by Don at 4secondsflat.com

Timing is 24* initial and 34* total all in at 2400 Rpm

Mad Dart, what headers and what mufflers are you running?

Mad Dart, what headers and what mufflers are you running?

TTI 1 5/8 to 1 3/4 Stepped Headers to 3" Collectors to 3" H Pipe to Dynomax mufflers if I remember correctly. I bought the whole deal from TTI. I did have it run all the way out to the bumper with the TTI Tips but I took them off and dumped it at the axle. It sound way more wicked like it is. It was REALLY tame sounding with the full exhaust and tips, really quite.

It,s time for a run at the track Louis.Let,s see what she,s really got?Any tires kickin around?LOL.I,m interested to find out how she,ll do.Good luck.8)

It,s time for a run at the track Louis.Let,s see what she,s really got?Any tires kickin around?LOL.I,m interested to find out how she,ll do.Good luck.8)

Yeah I need to take it and run it. I have the Indy SS tires on it rated at 0000 like a slick, I would probably just run those and bring the tire pressure down to about 18 lbs and see what happens! Puttiing my extra car dough into the 67 Dart.

-
Back