Magnumforce tubular front suspension

-
I think this has been a previous topic, do a search. I like RMS, that's what I went with.

So what is better about RMS and how much did you have in the complete setup. I'm not set on any one company just looking for good quality.

Reilly's kit has an excellent build quality, fit is spot-on, welds have good penetration, good customer service Hard to beat.....He's got prices on his site as there are a ton of options

No first hand experience w/ the MagnumForce full front end kit. I had there uppers A-arms on a different car and they fit fine

So what is better about RMS and how much did you have in the complete setup. I'm not set on any one company just looking for good quality.

whats better about the RMS kit?

it fits on the first try

the welds don't break

the geometry is correct so your car can be aligned and hadles awesome.

rms has built in shock mounts unlike the magnum set up. the magnum force set up uses the stock shock towers to support the weight of the car. not good. that causes the frame rails to twist. magnum force has come up with a support bracket to help but it is really only a band aid for a poor design.

and the rms customer service is awesome. he will talk with you for an hour and not be forcefull at all. answers all your questions and won't try to spend your money in ways you don't need.

do a search here,moparts, and big block dart. this subject has come up a ton of times.

i went with the rms set up. the thing was a true bolt in. the thing practally fell into the car. my 11 year old at the time put the entire passenger side together himself its so easy to put in. the car aligned real easy and man doe it ride nice now. corners incredably. i originally went with the manual rack. june of this year i went to the power rack and let me tell you the difference is incredible. so much faster ratio. its like driving a new car now. i definatley recomend going with the power rack.

When I click on the link to get to the store on the Reilly site it directs back to the home page.
What's one of their setups going for?
-Jon

When I click on the link to get to the store on the Reilly site it directs back to the home page.
What's one of their setups going for?
-Jon

I noticed they took their prices down as well but when I was looking at this product it was about $4500 for all the bells and wistles. Bill Reilly is great and will give you great service. Listen to this....
I built my own custom MII front end and whenever I ran into trouble or needed some tips I called Bill. For all he knew I could have been designing a competitive product. He was more than willing to help every time I called and all I bought from him was a flaming river column. Imagine that.....friendly expert advice just because. If that's the kind of service you get when you don't even buy the alterk I cant imagine the hand holding you will recieve when you make the investment.
I will vouch for RMS all day long.

Do you have to order them or are they in stock to pick up when you want. Sounds like RMS is the way to go.

gotta order them. you wont be sorry if you go with an alter-k. give bill a call and he will be able to talk with ya and give you prices of what you want. 570-443-7440.

as far as the web site goes i know he was updating it and changing servers in his spare time. figure he must have gotten tied up and not got a chance to finish it.

gotta order them. you wont be sorry if you go with an alter-k. give bill a call and he will be able to talk with ya and give you prices of what you want. 570-443-7440.

as far as the web site goes i know he was updating it and changing servers in his spare time. figure he must have gotten tied up and not got a chance to finish it.

How much wider is your wheel track from the original? What back spacing did you have to use for the front wheels? That is one of the biggest draw backs of all the aftermarket front end set ups. They make them wider than the original set up. You will have to factor the cost of new rims into the total cost of the front end.

How much wider is your wheel track from the original? What back spacing did you have to use for the front wheels? That is one of the biggest draw backs of all the aftermarket front end set ups. They make them wider than the original set up. You will have to factor the cost of new rims into the total cost of the front end.

i forget how much wider it is. bill would be able to tell you. i have an older set up. now wilwood makes a different offset hub which puts it real close to stock width. and if your going aftermarket front end like an alter-k then most likely you want handling (although they are great on the drag strip also) and your gonna put new (bigger) wheels on anyway to take advantage of the front end. i mean you don't go putting a R&P set up in a car to run 14" rally wheels right? if you want to run stock side wheels and tires then just keep the stock suspension.

i forget how much wider it is. bill would be able to tell you. i have an older set up. now wilwood makes a different offset hub which puts it real close to stock width. and if your going aftermarket front end like an alter-k then most likely you want handling (although they are great on the drag strip also) and your gonna put new (bigger) wheels on anyway to take advantage of the front end. i mean you don't go putting a R&P set up in a car to run 14" rally wheels right? if you want to run stock side wheels and tires then just keep the stock suspension.

Joe, To me its not about stock wheels and tires, its about "how it looks" Just take a look at the 73 and up A bodies. The front end is wider than the rear!The wider wheel base, in my opinion is not as nice looking as 72 and down. thats all I was trying to say.. I think
Mark

100_1428.jpg

Joe, To me its not about stock wheels and tires, its about "how it looks" Just take a look at the 73 and up A bodies. The front end is wider than the rear!The wider wheel base, in my opinion is not as nice looking as 72 and down. thats all I was trying to say.. I think
Mark

?? All A-bodies have a wider front track than rear. How much different is the 73-76 disk brake front track (center of tire left to right) than a 67-72? Like a 1/4" to 3/8" on each side? I don't think I can see that. The 73-76 small drums use the same parts as 67-72.

Now 60-66 A-bodies have a narrower front than the 67-76 A-body.

I think if the different front fenders in 73 might be contributing to the wider front "look".

You just manipulate the rim backspace/offset to achieve the same width front track anyway. Tires will end up in the same place.

I also think there are a significant amount of RMS users that a drag racers trying to reduce front weight and gain header clearance. They might be able to reuse their skinny tire/narrow rim 14"/15" tires and rims if the tire isn't too tall.

Great. I just joined another website that will cost me money! :banghead:

-
Back